Another Expat Victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
The report states Mr. Bernstein was having an affair, or relationship, with the gardener's wife and they suspect jealousy played a part in the murder. But, as was noted already, the paper is simply reporting what people are saying.

pizzabite

Aug 19, 2006
i HOPE THIS CASE IS A SUICIDE OR SOMETHING! YOU ALSO HAVE TO REALIZE THAT THERE ARE ALLOT OF PEOPLE DRAWN TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC FOR ITS CORRUPTION AND ALLOWANCE OF THE AUTHORITIES IN AREAS OF THE ISLAND OF PROSTITUTION AND OTHER DELICTIVE BEHAVIORS. HOPEFULLY THIS PERSON WAS INVLOVE IN SOMEKIND OF OUTLAW SITUATION AND HE GOT CAUGHT IN THE CROSS FIRE.

BUT IN GENERAL I FEEL TOURIST AREAS IN THE D.R ARE VERY SAFE. AND THE D.R IS MUCH SAFER THAN MEXICO, COSTA RICA EL SALVADOR AND OTHER AREAS THAT ARE MUCH WORST!

I agree with your comment. I have observed similar situations in Costa Rica.
Usually these are isolated incidences by predators, or carelessness such as young females letting their guard down and entrusting others or tourists looking for illegal "entertainment". This has caused concern by tourists but is usually short lived especially when the local authorities display an effort to remedy the situation with a thorough investifation and the addition of "tourist police". I have travelled to all areas of Costa Rica with out incident.

I guess if you "lay down with dogs you wake up with fleas"
Trouble finds trouble

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Clueless Assumption

... when the local authorities display an effort to remedy the situation with a thorough investifation and the addition of "tourist police". I have travelled to all areas of Costa Rica with out incident.

I have lived more than 40 years in Germany without incidents....

If you only knew what a 'thorough investigation' means in this country and what 'tourist police' is good for here.

m'frog

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Maybe it's time for a reality check.

I don't know that that would work. They have already seen the personal knowledge of the victim expressed by one of the Moderators here, confirmed by other reports and still they refuse to let other people's actual knowledge get in the way of their opinion.

As always, it says more about the poster than about the victim.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I find myself having to delete just about every 3rd post in this thread from posters that are needlessly speculating without the benefit of knowing any facts. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.