Another Gringa victim of bad plastic surgery!!!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I did it almost 20 yrs ago... no more glasses = freedom.

Never a problem - done in PHL

Had mine done here in the DR back over 20 yrs ago as well.. Cost was 750 dollars.

I am having some barely noticeable vision issues these days, and was told it's probably because of the surgery. Not enough of a bother to do anything about it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Had mine done here in the DR back over 20 yrs ago as well.. Cost was 750 dollars.

I am having some barely noticeable vision issues these days, and was told it's probably because of the surgery. Not enough of a bother to do anything about it.
Cataracts?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

...many lasic eye surgery patients need what is called a adjustment years later.... because the eye changes shape, this causes your vision to slip....something to remember this small adjustment will cost as much as the original lasic... when you first have your lasic done, and the clinic tells you any future adjustments are free... get this in writing....but remember by the time your lasic needs the adjustment your clinic will probably not be around anyway....happened to me...just saying the cost for your first lasic, many times is not your last.....Doc.......

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I had cataract surgery done on both eyes in STI about 6 months ago - IOL implants. With insurance - $600. Best $600 I've ever spent. Eyes are like new. Could not believe the difference. Totally professional operation that I would bet would be on par with anything offered in the US. The DR has a lot of excellent doctors - the trick is in finding out which ones.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I had cataract surgery done on both eyes in STI about 6 months ago - IOL implants. With insurance - $600. Best $600 I've ever spent. Eyes are like new. Could not believe the difference. Totally professional operation that I would bet would be on par with anything offered in the US. The DR has a lot of excellent doctors - the trick is in finding out which ones.
Who was your doc?