Another Horror Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Logically you are correct, one should be EASILY able to prove a story to be real , if its real, and not have to prove that its Fake
. and there is oddly a lot of information missing.
The Facebook stuff is pretty comical..
https://www.facebook.com/fox9kmsp/posts/10155017780604138
Seems a lot of people cant even comprehend the distance from Punta Cana to the Northcoast, as they keep repeating " why did they not take the SHUTTLE ?,as clearly instructed, dont talk to anyone , get straight to the Shuttle" .

um ok, i dont think there is a shuttle for that .

Does anyone have any other links to this story ?

This one as you might recall from 2015 was eerily similar, in almost every detail ... and most definitely happened .
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/dominican-republic-vacation-turned-nightmare-oregon-couple-35354374

I tried not to read it, but slow night at the ranch tonight. I had to stop after this one. I don't think it can be beat : )

"Travel at night was like being inside a video game. Parents, children, dog's and youth on mopeds dashed in front of our car throughout the whole area of the country . It was horrible. We were fleeced from the car rental with broken parts to the so called tours. The staff on the eyoyrs took us aside to ask for cash donations for their personal use. Absolutely the worse place ...we have nicknamed it Bend Over Island for so many reasons. Bad bad bad place to travel. They hate Americans and graffiti obscenities really the United States presence."

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
OK. Understood. Fair play. But don't be surprised if the family swore the reporter to secret silence, under the punishment of wet-willies, because they were issued secret identification numbers by the US Embassy on the way out. The only thing missing are the Navy Seals who fast roped in to get them out of the courthouse.

So be it. In reality it makes no difference to me if the story as presented is true or false. I would hope that it was fabricated because I have a strong affiliation to this country. I just offered the one news source that presented the story an opportunity to elaborate on the events. I fail to see why I should be criticized for that.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
So be it. In reality it makes no difference to me if the story as presented is true or false. I would hope that it was fabricated because I have a strong affiliation to this country. I just offered the one news source that presented the story an opportunity to elaborate on the events. I fail to see why I should be criticized for that.
You're not being criticized. Several posters are having a few innocent laughs at a story that seems to be highly improbable. Nothing more, nothing less, and definitely not personal, unless you live in Waconia, MN. No harm meant towards you.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I'll get the facts on this story. I'm currently in New York City. I've never been to Waconia, MN....but I will get a rental car right now, drive there, interview these people myself, and post the results on this very thread. If I leave now, and drive overnight......................

Jan 7, 2016
I'll get the facts on this story. I'm currently in New York City. I've never been to Waconia, MN....but I will get a rental car right now, drive there, interview these people myself, and post the results on this very thread. If I leave now, and drive overnight......................

Watch-out for cows on the road at night! Especially in PA, IN, OH, IL, WN and MN!

Status
Not open for further replies.