Another Murder in La Mulata ??

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I'm not stating that prostitution is an issue in La Mulata.

Prostitution is an issue for Sosua and the surrounding areas like La Mulata because it attracts criminal elements.

So, prostitution is the reason there is crime in Sosua? The fact that there are many "rich" tourists and people are poor and desperate are not the reason? Get rid of prostitution and crime will go away? It is amazing how everything is blamed on these girls and not the true reality of the condition of the people.
Straighten up the police force, have them do their jobs without corruption. In other words, enforce the laws, this would go further towards cutting the crime rate.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
The La Mulata murders.

Random?

I think like the ones I linked to elsewhere in the country, it is a mixture.

Some are crimes of passion, some revenge, some for theft from known victims, and some people are unfortunate victims during random robberies (which could also be considered 'targeted' if their properties appear more vulnerable to the criminals).

I think Chip's explanation of prostitution as the driving force in Sosua is too simple. As I pointed out there were 10 murders elsewhere in the country in a 24 hour period that he couldn't reasonably lay at the feet of prostitution.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think Chip's explanation of prostitution as the driving force in Sosua is too simple. As I pointed out there were 10 murders elsewhere in the country in a 24 hour period that he couldn't reasonably lay at the feet of prostitution.

Is that another example of "critical thinking"???? Good grief.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
One doesn't have to be a genius to recognize why some would claim prostitution is not linked to higher levels of crime.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think like the ones I linked to elsewhere in the country, it is a mixture.

Some are crimes of passion, some revenge, some for theft from known victims, and some people are unfortunate victims during random robberies (which could also be considered 'targeted' if their properties appear more vulnerable to the criminals).

Is that another example of "critical thinking"???? Good grief.

Many of the crimes are not linked to prostitution. The crimes are due to a lack of jobs, deported criminals back in the DR from the US, the police themselves, the corruption and further damage caused by the failed drug war as well as domestic disputes and "just getting into bed with the wrong person".

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
One doesn't have to be a genius to recognize why some would claim prostitution is not linked to higher levels of crime.

The prostitution has been here for a long time. As I pointed out, there is much more to it than just prostitution. Use some critical thinking yourself, it would help you a great deal.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
what has all this to do with another murder in La Mulata? If there was one.......

It has nothing to do with it. People like CHIP enjoy diverting threads to their own purposes. It fulfils some lack he has.

I hope there was no murder and that it was just a rumor.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
what has all this to do with another murder in La Mulata? If there was one.......

Because all the people in denial of what a Dangerous place Sosua has become need to blame it on Prostitution..Some gringo from Iowa paying 2000 pesos for his dream girl is not the reason for all the crime in the area.
Wake up and face the facts, Sosua is a violant dangerous place that will only be getting worse regardless of the new paint and other so called improvements being made.

And a little FYI, Sosua criminals will need to target local community even more with so many less tourist to hustle or rob..

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I'm not stating that prostitution is an issue in La Mulata.

Prostitution is an issue for Sosua and the surrounding areas like La Mulata because it attracts criminal elements.

I think that it is the presence of expats and tourists with money which attracts criminal elements, rather than prostitutes.

Matilda

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004

Who is claiming that prostitution is not linked to higher crime levels?
And since you say it doesn't take a genius...can you elaborate on why one would think that prostitution is not linked to higher levels of crime?

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
Regionales it's not just Sosua, so STFU, The whole country if foobarred. Just go to page 1 of this link.............. Getting sick and tired of idiots slagging off the north coast, no wonder tourism is down.