Another renewing permanent residency and cedula thread without a lawyer

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Southwardbound2,
Haven't a clue but that it affected us! Only got 2 years at the last renewal - Cedulas were in first quarter of this year!!

Olly and the Team

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i did not hear about that "retirement age" rule.
by my best knowledge(and yes, i know they change behavior quicker than we can get used to the last new changes, lol) the 10 years renewal been available just for a short time period, then they realized that they will loose a lot of income on that, as for sure the renewal fees will rise more than once the next 10 years i guess. people who already have a permanent resideny can renew for up to 4 years(they need to be a permanent resident since at least 4 years to do so, others renew for 2 years only). people with temporary 1 years residencies renew again for a next temporary 1 year residency, every year, til Immigrations is in the mood to give them the permanent residency.

Mike

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
I am retired. My first residencia definitiva I got 2004, after this I renewed residencia and c?dula every 2 years.
Now, in April/May I renewed both for 4 years.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
wow, sounds way to complicated to me. I think i will just stay an illegal alien here and if they throw me out (despite all the money i am spending here on the local economy) so be it.