Anti-LGBT Group Takes Over The Streets Of The Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
There is nothing in this discussion on the topic of "pro life" as you codify it. I understand some people have on obsession with that topic and will inject it into any discussion.

As far as LGBT people, you can disagree with them, but why should anyone care about what you think in that regard? What you express (and what the protest expressed) is still intolerance to how others wish to live their lives.

I don't know about the March but I do know about those involved in the OAS talks and the issues that do worry parts of the society, which include abortion. However it's not my goal to discuss that. It's a topic OAS is touching.

On LGBT: it's most probably not of my business what someone else decides about his or her or its life. I have my opinion based on my Christian conviction and I believe that they (my convictions based on the bible) are ultimate truth, but I can't insist or force anyone to also believe that, I can only proclaime it. However, when groups of people think their way of thinking is the correct way and feel the need to teach my children that the LGBT lifestyle is normal and natural, I believe I stand in my right to voice my opinion on the matter. I don't really care if you think you are actually a woman and dress like one or even have your body changed like one, but I do oppose if you want to teach my children to discover their sexual identity, poisoning their mind with thoughts that are not natural. In the same way, it's not of my business if you are gay, but I don't want my children to be taught that being gay is normal, because I believe it's not. And yes, that's also based on my convictions, but tolerance goes both ways.

Tolerance used to mean that you shouldn't be judged on your opinion, way of life etc., but nowadays it seems to mean that you can't state your opinion if it goes against what the liberals say.

So, while I have no say in how you live your life I maintain the right to voice my opinion on matters that involve the society including my family and my faith. you have the right to call x sexual orientation normal and acceptable and I have the right to call it counter natural and something I'd like to inform my children about in the way I deem appropriate.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Can't seperate it really when it is all about religious hate.
Why do you care who I love and marry?

I hope you don't raise your kids with that hate and it is hate.

I don't hate any homosexual or transgender for being that. It might offend you that I believe it's a sin, but not a different sin than lying, gossiping, arrogance, pride, etc. like the theologian Bonhoeffer said: if you believe someone else's sin is worse than yours, you haven't really acknowledged the seriousness of your own sin. However, the big difference of course is that most homosexuals don't see or don't want to see their lifestyle as sin. But how could that be a reason to hate you?

But whatever, we're not allowed to discuss religion here, so I can't really make my point of view clear.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't hate any homosexual or transgender for being that. It might offend you that I believe it's a sin, but not a different sin than lying, gossiping, arrogance, pride, etc. like the theologian Bonhoeffer said: if you believe someone else's sin is worse than yours, you haven't really acknowledged the seriousness of your own sin. However, the big difference of course is that most homosexuals don't see or don't want to see their lifestyle as sin. But how could that be a reason to hate you?

But whatever, we're not allowed to discuss religion here, so I can't really make my point of view clear.

There is no rational way your point of view could be clear. Just mentioning the word "sin" is proof that no logical discussion can follow.

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
"However, when groups of people think their way of thinking is the correct way and feel the need to teach my children that the LGBT lifestyle is normal and natural, I believe I stand in my right to voice my opinion on the matter. "

Interesting, so you are one of a group of people voicing their opinion on the "correct" way.

Hipocrisy reigns supreme.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't know about the March but I do know about those involved in the OAS talks and the issues that do worry parts of the society, which include abortion. However it's not my goal to discuss that. It's a topic OAS is touching.

It is indeed a goal of yours. Note that you mentioned it again.

On LGBT: it's most probably not of my business what someone else decides about his or her or its life. I have my opinion based on my Christian conviction and I believe that they (my convictions based on the bible) are ultimate truth, but I can't insist or force anyone to also believe that, I can only proclaime it. However, when groups of people think their way of thinking is the correct way and feel the need to teach my children that the LGBT lifestyle is normal and natural, I believe I stand in my right to voice my opinion on the matter. I don't really care if you think you are actually a woman and dress like one or even have your body changed like one, but I do oppose if you want to teach my children to discover their sexual identity, poisoning their mind with thoughts that are not natural. In the same way, it's not of my business if you are gay, but I don't want my children to be taught that being gay is normal, because I believe it's not. And yes, that's also based on my convictions, but tolerance goes both ways.

Tolerance used to mean that you shouldn't be judged on your opinion, way of life etc., but nowadays it seems to mean that you can't state your opinion if it goes against what the liberals say.

So, while I have no say in how you live your life I maintain the right to voice my opinion on matters that involve the society including my family and my faith. you have the right to call x sexual orientation normal and acceptable and I have the right to call it counter natural and something I'd like to inform my children about in the way I deem appropriate.

If being gay is not normal for some people, how do you explain those people who are gay and have been gay since they were self aware? Being gay used to be considered a mental illness, but the medical profession realized that was a mistake and that homosexuality is a normal variant to the human condition. It is unfortunate that your mind has been closed to understanding this.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Shame on those who marched. Intolerance is not acceptable in my system of beliefs. These are the belief systems that bring the world down.

Sorry for posting political beliefs. I usually refrain, but lately it seems that intolerance is what fuels today's world.

Lindsey

A lot of those respectable men who dress in jacket and tie during the day are the same ones picking up
travesty during late hours of the night on the streets of SD and Santiago city.

I saw this many times when I was driving taxi...

JJ

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005

So the gay feelings keep coming back over and over again. Your scared that you don't have control of your orientation. Relax everything's OK.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So the gay feelings keep coming back over and over again. Your scared that you don't have control of your orientation. Relax everything's OK.

Don't be a dick, just continue to be a heel. It is quite clear what he means, and he is clear that it is based on his religious convictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.