Antigen Results

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
how long on average has it taken to get Covid Antigen results back? We are taking the ferry to Puerto Rico on Thursday and they require a Covid test within 24 hours.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
how long on average has it taken to get Covid Antigen results back? We are taking the ferry to Puerto Rico on Thursday and they require a Covid test within 24 hours.
Its rapid Bob. Like the name. Depends on your lab. In Cab they turn around in a few hours if you go early

All you do is call the lab and they'll be happy to tell you

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Centro Medico Cibao - UTESA in Santiago - 20 minutes after taking the test.
Av. Juan Pablo Duarte No. 64

Cost: $1,750

PS: Make sure to take your vaccine card with you to the boat.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Report back on that long, long 13-hour ferry ride - Are you going to bring goods back from PR and are you taking a car with you ?

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
If you have more than one choice of labs, Amadita told us results in 24 hours.

Referencia said 5 hours but both times we’ve gone with them, they’ve been ready in 2-3 hours.

Reactions: bob saunders

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Jarabacoa, Referencia 2 hours, and IS entry is 1 day before not within 24 hours but not even the labs know that. Meaning you can take the test today at any time to leave tomorrow to the US at any time.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Jarabacoa, Referencia 2 hours, and IS entry is 1 day before not within 24 hours but not even the labs know that. Meaning you can take the test today at any time to leave tomorrow to the US at any time.
Not according to the ferry guy. 24 HOURS HE SAYS , NOT THE DAY BEFORE.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The ferry guy is wrong, but unfortunately, he may stop you from going.
He is probably Dominican and they seem to always have problems about time.

The following is from American Airline site.

Proof of negative pre-departure COVID-19 test results

Description
All travelers regardless of their vaccination status must have an original printed or electronic negative COVID-19 viral test result (NAAT: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, NEAR, HDA, SDA, CRISPR, or Antigen: Rapid, Viral, Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay, Antigen Chemiluminescence Immunoassay, or Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence). The test must be taken a maximum of 1 day before the first scheduled departure time in the flight itinerary (if a flight is at 1 pm on a Friday, travelers could board with a COVID-19 negative test that was taken any time on the prior Thursday). Test results must include the traveler's full name and at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number. The test must also clearly state that the results are "negative," SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected," SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected," or "COVID-19 not detected." A test marked "invalid" is not acceptable.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
We took the ferry and loved it, cabin was comfortable and the restaurant food was good.
We did not have to get any test to enter PR or board the ferry.
The boat was great but PR was a disappointment and I would not go back.
Boarding and disembarkation was a long hot mess of disorganization.
Our visit was about six months ago.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Rules
We took the ferry and loved it, cabin was comfortable and the restaurant food was good.
We did not have to get any test to enter PR or board the ferry.
The boat was great but PR was a disappointment and I would not go back.
Boarding and disembarkation was a long hot mess of disorganization.
Our visit was about six months ago.
Rules change. I am not expecting anything spectacular. It is just a break from the DR, and somerhing we havent done. I personally would have much rather have gone back to Colombia, a country I really like.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Rules

Rules change. I am not expecting anything spectacular. It is just a break from the DR, and somerhing we havent done. I personally would have much rather have gone back to Colombia, a country I really like.

Are you going with a DR registered vehicle?