Any chance to get a job if you are not a resident?

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
??????

????? Its much more than you think for you MUST create a business profile, your the business offering your services at a fee just like any workforce..A paying site??? NOT! but you can pay a membership to have or add more working categories...Example is, your profile comes with 1 free Category, pick your forte...I chose Admin when I worked..Then you go looking for your job(s) place your proposal with hours per week and per hour and add why you can do this job, just like any applications...Then its on, either you will be considered, your potential client will contact you to discuss their project or they wont..Overall, you can compare this as being not only a business owner, but a mini call center..follow me now?? So, either your a paying member so you will have many opportunities at jobs, or just select one when you sign on..

What categories??? Data Entry, Telemarketing, Translations, Web Design, SEO, Admin, VA, come on! if you cannot be successful on that site, give it up...LOL..and BAM! get paid in dollars, you choose how many hours your wanting to work by choosing such jobs.. 1 for 20 hours per week, another at 40 per week, etc, its all there...Bottom line is, its over end user friendly, can't say enough about it..but I did..;)

SKY,
Not long ago we learned about all you relationship and life problems in the DR.
You could not afford a bed for your girl and carried your bird cages around for the move.
Now you frequently advise people how easy it is to make to make s*!t loads of $US in the DR.
Why are you lacking money?
Surely it is my inability to remember and understand.
Yours truly confused,
Lobo

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
??? feel okay, whats your point?? guess you never knew I'm SSID, and only can advise people where they can make money since I am no longer able

SKY,
Not long ago we learned about all you relationship and life problems in the DR.
You could not afford a bed for your girl and carried your bird cages around for the move.
Now you frequently advise people how easy it is to make to make s*!t loads of $US in the DR.
Why are you lacking money?
Surely it is my inability to remember and understand.
Yours truly confused,
Lobo

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello everybody!! I've reed in different forums that now with the new immigration law is almost impossible to get a job if you are not a Dominican. Is that true? I'm getting to Punta Cana in 10 days with the idea to stay there if I find something but now I'm a bit worried. Maybe someone of you knows more abut... thank you!!

Hi:

You might find a job but unless you are in a management position you won't might enough money to be able to live on, unless you are working at a hotel and they are giving you room and board. Do you have any language skills? Spanish, French, German. If you don't than it will be difficult to transition. You will also need to start the residency process and that is done with an attorney which will cost you about $1200usd. Good luck. You might want to re think your plan until you have studied the situation better.

LTSTeve

LTSteve

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
What kind of work can you do online and get paid for? only thingi can think of is programming or something of that nature.

Very easy... Translation, Virtual Adm. Assistant, Data entry, online moderation, even working in call centers located in the U.S. but working from home in POP..

When I said without being dressed I meant "formally" dressed.... LMAO...

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
Very easy... Translation, Virtual Adm. Assistant, Data entry, online moderation, even working in call centers located in the U.S. but working from home in POP..

When I said without being dressed I meant "formally" dressed.... LMAO...

Did you do this? Did you use a website like elance.com that was mentioned in an earlier post?

Sent from my Droid DNA on 4.3!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's Very Easy To Have a job Working in the DR!!!

I DID it!
You Can To!
Follow my simple advice!
Have a JOB in the DR, BEFORE YOU COME TO THE DR!!!!
Mauricio, "Not To Worry"!
Working everyday of your life has many advantages.
You feel good about yourself.
You contribute to society.
You are a great "Role Model for your kids, who live in a world with few good "Examples" in their lives.
You can provide for your loved ones.
You can prepare for the future.
And Now, for the "BEST PART"!
When,at the time of your future, of Your Choosing, you can begin to do the things in your life that make you VERY HAPPY!
Money has no intrinsic value, BUT, and just like a "Dominicana", it's a "HUGE BUT"!
Money gives you choices.
I now choose to enjoy my family, sit on my "Huge, and growing "A$$ets", drink "Olivo Family Blend Coffee",smoke big cigars,and devote much attention to my DR1 "Moderator Responsibilities"!!!!!!!
After all, I need the money from DR1 to survive!
If only I had planned better!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
I DID it!
You Can To!
Follow my simple advice!
Have a JOB in the DR, BEFORE YOU COME TO THE DR!!!!
Mauricio, "Not To Worry"!
Working everyday of your life has many advantages.
You feel good about yourself.
You contribute to society.
You are a great "Role Model for your kids, who live in a world with few good "Examples" in their lives.
You can provide for your loved ones.
You can prepare for the future.
And Now, for the "BEST PART"!
When,at the time of your future, of Your Choosing, you can begin to do the things in your life that make you VERY HAPPY!
Money has no intrinsic value, BUT, and just like a "Dominicana", it's a "HUGE BUT"!
Money gives you choices.
I now choose to enjoy my family, sit on my "Huge, and growing "A$$ets", drink "Olivo Family Blend Coffee",smoke big cigars,and devote much attention to my DR1 "Moderator Responsibilities"!!!!!!!
After all, I need the money from DR1 to survive!
If only I had planned better!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Definitely think can be done and having as much knowledge before the fact of moving is a huge plus.

I agree with having a job before arriving is the best, but sometimes that can be difficult. Thanks for your feedback!! Any other ideas are welcomed always!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Unlike most young people today, I always worked hard and long hours and saved as much as possible. I didn't need the lastest and greatest that was available. I don't have a lot now but if I continue to be careful how I manage my money I can do better than just surviving here. Although it would be nice to have some type of job just to have a routine again. "retired at 56"

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
??? feel okay, whats your point?? guess you never knew I'm SSID, and only can advise people where they can make money since I am no longer able

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):

It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and
It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.

I get it. But in a call center wouldn't you just be sitting your ass down?
Of course you could also stand up once in a while and change position!
You could also work as long or as little as you like, as you informed us and supplement your income.
Surely if you can move your household, carry your birds and possibly make love without moving too much, you may be able to help yourself. The US supposedly has a big problem with Obamacare, so don't be a drain.
Help your country, don't let others pay your bill in paradise.:p
Forgot, did you have kids to pay for????

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Unlike most young people today, I always worked hard and long hours and saved as much as possible. I didn't need the lastest and greatest that was available. I don't have a lot now but if I continue to be careful how I manage my money I can do better than just surviving here. Although it would be nice to have some type of job just to have a routine again. "retired at 56"

Again, do you speak, Spanish, French, German....that would help. Also have you investigated other areas of the country?

LTSTeve

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
Again, do you speak, Spanish, French, German....that would help. Also have you investigated other areas of the country?

LTSTeve

I'm looking for employment and speak Spanish, looking to stay in the Santo Domingo area. Any recommendations?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
In santo domingo you will find a job, Xmas season and CS are screaming out for extra staff, but I doubt you'll find the salary enough to live on. Not if you have much of a life outside work. If you tick all the bonus boxes then you'll be making around RD26-30,000 p/m. You really need quite a bit of cash Eindhoven you until you can adapt to scavenging.

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
In santo domingo you will find a job, Xmas season and CS are screaming out for extra staff, but I doubt you'll find the salary enough to live on. Not if you have much of a life outside work. If you tick all the bonus boxes then you'll be making around RD26-30,000 p/m. You really need quite a bit of cash Eindhoven you until you can adapt to scavenging.

Do you feel educational background has nothing to help you get a job there and/or better pay?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Education is always good, but experience is more important here from what I see. Some of the best jobs you'll spot are advertised on here, but they are all looking for experience and usually in something to do with web design or programming. Teaching jobs are easy to get but you can make more in a call centre and you don't need to put up with brats all day.

I lied my way into my first job here, found the job, made up a resume and then watched a few youtube vids on teaching English and blagged my way into it.
I lied my way into my second job as a staff trainer, told them I had 15 years experience in Europe, watched some motivational videos on youtube and went to the interview.

I was desperate to get anything until something came along in my field, not just for financial reasons but to keep me sane, life is very boring here with no work, and floating around all days really drains the funds. You need to adapt and be prepared to go at things head on here or you will get nowhere. It is a real example of survival of the most ruthless.

I have a decent steady job now that I can live reasonably comfortably on, but to do anything different, like vacation or repair the car invite parents over etc I still rely on my investment in Europe. You're gunna struggle to save no matter what you do if you are working for someone else.

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
I see. Does anyone have call center experience. I know a couple of people that stated they worked in one and they seemed to be doing well.

What's the work environment, how cut throat is it, hours and ultimately what kind of pay with the bonus included look like? Approximately...

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
thats okay Lobo, what goes around comes around..too bad you don't understand my condition where SS Doctors do..I'm no fraud case here..If I could work, do you actually think I would pass up a 6 figure income for this place and poverty?? and I have certainly paid into the system ten fold at the income level I had for Years! try 5-6 times a Year to the average worker that makes 30 grand a Year..

Maybe one day your life too will just change on a dime, see how you do living with such pain 24/7, not enough money to make ends meet even in this hell hole and you know what I mean by this place...You say I do XYZ, do I?? did I move myself? a company did, I touched nothing really, but I also know my limitations if I need to do things. And if your making over 2500.00 a Month, then its your paradise, not mine, but today you might see me in the funny papers after all...bad day, Nov 16TH, 10 Years now my mom passed away and we are told that time heals all things..HA! its a bad day, maybe a day of forgiveness then I can get on with things

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):

It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and
It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.

I get it. But in a call center wouldn't you just be sitting your ass down?
Of course you could also stand up once in a while and change position!
You could also work as long or as little as you like, as you informed us and supplement your income.
Surely if you can move your household, carry your birds and possibly make love without moving too much, you may be able to help yourself. The US supposedly has a big problem with Obamacare, so don't be a drain.
Help your country, don't let others pay your bill in paradise.:p
Forgot, did you have kids to pay for????

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Alsorts work in call centres, yes the majority have for one reason or another found themselves back here against their will, but you can't not fit in, there's a bit of everything from everywhere. Line managers make around RD36,000 per month basic with no overtime. Nothing short of managerial earns more than RD45,000. You often find the guys on the floor who are at the top of their game are earning much more than the managers in bonus and commissions. You work crap hours, 9-6, 11-9, 3-11 are pretty usual hours in C/S. Basic is RD110-165 p/h.
You will struggle to find these places more than a stepping stone, unless it really is just your thing. And again, you need more money than a basic salary from a C/S, so if you do work in one than you need to be good and be making those commissions. I suppose top performers can bring in $2,000 in a month on an extremely good month, that's not normal and maybe 2 or 3 people out of the the entire floor can hit those numbers, so 2-3/350 doesn't wave good odds does it. And ALL centres put obstacles in your way to avoid paying you those commissions, so you need to be religious about the job to stand a chance of hitting them.

My advice is if you think you can do it, and there is a decent wage attached, just go for it a scrape your way in the door, worry about performing once in. And while blagging your way through life keep an eye open for something in your field.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

are you dutch, btw?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Reason I tell all my fellow Americans and Canada friends to hit the call centers..Starting pay is usually 30,000 and can make up to 60,000 Per Month but you need some luck there..The higher salary comes with good projects or what the CC calls them, campaigns..So if your working a campaign on telemarketing projectors for example, we got 500 pesos for each sold. The target audience were mostly schools, so it was an easy sale..Hell, you could go home early every day if you wanted too since most CC go by a scale. If you meet your so called quota, or calls per day and its early, you can go home with full pay for the day to boot..The other monies come from being on time, transportation funds you can pocket if working at night, etc..plus insurance! that there is huge and it may be a worth of quite a bit of your salary as well..it all adds up, giving you exceptional income opportunity..

are you dutch, btw?