Any news on Wal-Mart or La Sirena in POP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you for the pictures,

I have to agree...as happy as I am to have this store in POP, they should have built it further from the street.

DRExplorer

Jan 1, 2007
the workers also have audience of senior citizens sitting on the malecon with beers :)

That is funny, they will most likely be the first to enter the new store.They are already celebrating the arrival of La Sirena in Puerto Plata.
Can you tell me if this building is going to be any bigger compared to other La Sirena shops found elsewhere in DR?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
smaller than the one in santiago or SD, for sure. but bigger than jose luis, tropical and silverio messon all together. biggest shop in POP :)

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
smaller than the one in santiago or SD, for sure. but bigger than jose luis, tropical and silverio messon all together. biggest shop in POP :)

I think, it will be an altogether new concept of Sirena stores.

I've been wondering how they could make the Northern wall look somewhat nicer... besides something which looks like a service entry there are NO windows... nothing.
There is a small unfinished building corner building at the corner of Kunhardt and Plaza America (Caribe Tours back street) which has some white Bahamas style shutters on the walls (no windows!)... that simple building would be finished (stucco and paint) it would be looking quite nice... I could very well see how some large Bahama style shutters could embellish that large Northern wall and give it a hint of Victorian heritage...

bahama_photo.jpg

... J-D.

villaleone

Apr 28, 2005
New Mural on La Sirena Wall

photo.php
You mean you did not see the new mural that was just painted on the wall by a local grafitti artist? Here is a photo...

Just kidding. it's not a bad idea though, is it?

villaleone

Apr 28, 2005
Thanks JD! I won't even charge anything for the use of my photo or design idea if they decide to use the mural idea :classic:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think, it will be an altogether new concept of Sirena stores.

I've been wondering how they could make the Northern wall look somewhat nicer... besides something which looks like a service entry there are NO windows... nothing.
There is a small unfinished building corner building at the corner of Kunhardt and Plaza America (Caribe Tours back street) which has some white Bahamas style shutters on the walls (no windows!)... that simple building would be finished (stucco and paint) it would be looking quite nice... I could very well see how some large Bahama style shutters could embellish that large Northern wall and give it a hint of Victorian heritage...

bahama_photo.jpg

... J-D.
I agree, and they might be open to suggestions. Their Multicentro on Ave. Churchill in Santo Domingo has a very nice-looking facade, IMO.

villaleone

Apr 28, 2005
Does anyone have a contact email for the owners of La Sirena? If so, I will email them the idea for their consideration. It couldn't cost much more than painting it an ugly beige or gray. It's a long shot, but worth a try!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
One slight problem with the mural suggestion: the real sea & beach is the other side of the Malecon opposite the Sirena wall. You don't think there could be a) confusion b) traffic accidents as people are surprised c) vastly inflated reports of a tsunami on the south side of the Malecon..........? :cheeky: And don't discount c) - it wouldn't be the first time we've had inaccurate reports of a tsunami on that stretch of road. Last time everyone came pouring out of their homes to rush to the scene :rolleyes: .

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i imagine the face of some poor drunk driver seeing the see above both side of his beer bottle, shocking!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
lil' update

miesposo knows engineers doing la sirena and apparently the opening date can be february. they are aiming at december but it looks like they won't be able to make it on time... :ermm:
good thing i will shop in europe and polish zloty has already fallen against dollar (2PLN for 1 dollar in may and 3PLN for 1 dollar now).
still, i'm so disappointed!

DRExplorer

Jan 1, 2007
I just received information from a friend in DR that her uncle said they are aiming to open on December 15th. I said that can't be true, anyone can confirm this? Can we get an update on this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.