Any suggestions for Rio San Juan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianwoman

Feb 7, 2007
Hi, I will be staying in Rio San Juan for 1 week (April 8-15). I am staying in an apartment (not an AI) by Laguna Gri Gri and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for places to shop for groceries (or what to shop for???, I'm obviously from Canada), night spots/life, cheap rental vehicles or whatever else (I've been to the beaches before but I am sure to go again). Thank you for any input.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can walk over to Cheo"s Restaurant and eat great seafood at Dominican prices. Ask any Moto Concho for directons. It is not far from you.

I assume you have been to Playa Caleton, if not it is a must see beach. Fresh seafood served at your private table in the shade.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
piece of cake????

Hi, I will be staying in Rio San Juan for 1 week (April 8-15). I am staying in an apartment (not an AI) by Laguna Gri Gri and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for places to shop for groceries (or what to shop for???, I'm obviously from Canada), night spots/life, cheap rental vehicles or whatever else (I've been to the beaches before but I am sure to go again). Thank you for any input.
on the same street as cheos,as a matter of fact right in front of his rest is a great and very cheap place to buy a large selection of fruit and veg.
just off the same corner is a butcher.but as a rule if you want the best cuts get there between 8-9am as they sell fast.
supermarket wise head back out to the high way turn left and almost directley in front of you,you will see an air conditioned super pretty well stocked and reasonably priced.they have a bar on the inside where a lot of nice locals men and women(not hookers and sankies)sit chat and have a drink with the music played at a comfortable level.
only bummer is if you smoke you have to slip out for a fag as they dont allow it in the store.
lucky you by the way.i used to live and take short breaks in the town.its a great place to chill out within a ""normal""working town.
BTW:for great dominican food "'la casona""on duarte,the main street has good quality food and a big turn over.
if you speak to cheo tell him mauricios friend el irlandaise says hi and i'll see him soon.ENJOY.........

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Good catch, froggy!

Now, will the OP please explain why she is calling herself candianwoman, mentioning again that she is from Canada and her IP address is somewhere in Illinois (as per another good catch from Anna!):pirate:

Marlie

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Whatever

Good catch, froggy!

animatedfrog2ba9.gif

Croooooooooaaaaaaaaak.

...Now, will the OP please explain why she is calling herself candianwoman, mentioning again that she is from Canada and her IP address is somewhere in Illinois (as per another good catch from Anna!):pirate:

Whatever.
These hormone whisked women are capable of many a strange thing... :laugh:

m'frog

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Assuming the OP is genuine -- If you want a gourmet meal go to Los Gringos Hotel/Cabanas and restaurant. I don't think you'll need a reservation. It's off to the right, from Rio San Juan, five minutes or so, just before Yagua (not Nagua) on a road to Playa Magante. We stayed there for three days in early March. Patrick will do you proud. Not expensive. I'm not at my regular station or I'd give more precise info eg: phone numbers and km distances. PM me if you're interested in knowing more.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
I've just come back from RSJ and now have an appartement near laguna gri gri. on calle sanchez, which runs in front of the lagoon there is Franks' disco and further along another which is more laid back. At lunch time Rest Teresa on Duarte is very good and cheap (about 120 for meat, rice, beans and salade). At night it tries to be a tourist restaurant so then La Casona is a better bet. You can get good fish and crab (85 pesos for cooked white crab meat) in Barrio Accopulco. Just walk to the end of Sanchez and there are 3 Pescardarios in a row.

travelbug321

Mar 7, 2007
Good catch, froggy!

Now, will the OP please explain why she is calling herself candianwoman, mentioning again that she is from Canada and her IP address is somewhere in Illinois (as per another good catch from Anna!):pirate:

Marlie

So what makes you think canadianwoman is a fake and from Illinois??? Some people need to be give the benifit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.