Anyone have a 20ft Boat for Sale?

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Boston Whalers are light boats. Unless you stay in Sosua Bay or similar waters, I would not trust them.....even though they won't sink, they could flip.....

Best choice, as far as I am concerned, for a 20 foot boat would be something made of wood, like what the local fishermen use.

I am giving a serious response, even though I am not certain that the OP is searching for facts. If humor is what you are looking for, I apologize.

Lindsey

Lindsey,
Thanks for the input. All comments welcome humorous and serious.

Our boating activities will be restricted to the Sth Coast in and around Juan Dolio and only in calm conditions close to the shore.

We want to do a little fishing, Sat and Sun cruising with some music playing and the cold beer flowing. Bit of fun in the sun type of stuff. Nothing too serious.

However we do want some sex appeal with the boat - so perhaps a local wooden boat is not quite the Miami Vice type of look we are after.

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
The fishing boats on the south coast are fiberglass... not wood.

They are time tested

of course you may look a bit stupid at the yacht club with your yola

there is that to consider

Mountainannie,
We all need to remember who the Skipper is going to be ----- Pedrochemical.

The boat needs to be stylish as Pedro has an image to maintain.

Imagine if you will - Pedro, hard as rock, standing at the helm, shirt off, gold chain and medallion bouncing off his granite like chest and his golden locks blowing in the wind ........ ooooops rewind.

Imagine if you will - Pedro, soft and cuddly, his shirt on (thank god) as his white soon to be sunburnt pink English skin needs to be covered, especially his fat pot belly and as to those golden locks, well I think he went bald at 20...... But nonetheless my Skipper needs a cool looking boat!

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
There you go, Papa Legba & Baron Samedi...............;)

Lambada,
Pagan reference to crossing over - I hope you are not predicting a watery grave for the Skipper and his Valiant First Mate. Not until we have at least had a few months of adventure on the high seas.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Lindsey,

Our boating activities will be restricted to the Sth Coast in and around Juan Dolio and only in calm conditions close to the shore.

We want to do a little fishing, Sat and Sun cruising with some music playing and the cold beer flowing. Bit of fun in the sun type of stuff. Nothing too serious.

However we do want some sex appeal with the boat - so perhaps a local wooden boat is not quite the Miami Vice type of look we are after.

Let me know when you are coming and I'll sit on the roof with my binoculars and please remember to buy the beer from my colmado. Will also alert the Marina de Guerra and the local dives schools to be prepared for rescue operations.

matilda

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Let me know when you are coming and I'll sit on the roof with my binoculars and please remember to buy the beer from my colmado. Will also alert the Marina de Guerra and the local dives schools to be prepared for rescue operations.

matilda

Matilda,
You have a Colmado......... Now thats better than having a friend who owns a boat.

You own a Presedente Fridge full of Cold Beeeeeeerrrrrrr.

If it is on the Sth Coast then Pedro and I will bring some mates and make an attempt at drinking the fridge Dry.

There we go another activity to put on our list of fun in the sun things to do. Who said semi-retirement gets boring!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Go to Luperon, and start hang out with the boaters, you'll find what you want...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada,
Pagan reference to crossing over - I hope you are not predicting a watery grave for the Skipper and his Valiant First Mate.

Perish the thought, First Mate. I had (erroneously it seems) been under the impression that the Skipper lived in Haiti. And naturally would be attending Sunday services appropriate to the local culture ;). That's why I thought your arrival at a ceremony near the beach in a noisy, vibrant hovercraft and you two leaping out suitably attired as the characters referred to above.......would add a certain pzazz to the proceedings.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Have found you a boat!! it is in Guayacanes - next to Juan Dolio. 19.5 feet long - hopefully the lack of 6 inches will not bother you too much - fibreglass. has a 40hp Yamaha engine to save use of arms. I think the price is around 4000 US$. 2000 for the boat and the engine is 4000 new so should be about half price I am told. If you are interested pm me and I will give you the contact number - assuming you can espeak espany.

matilda

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
yes, JR

I see a fine yola with a hard top with a sort of swaggering African Queen sort of elan to it...
with a bbq grill off the back...

and a swim ladder

big beer cooler-----

I can see it now....all you need are cushions. a few fishing poles... for the look of the thing, dontcha know. and yer off!!

You can probably get a bimini top really easily from the guys who make the toldas,,, the awnings for the apartments in SDQ

avoid marinas if you can... take it all to a garage... cheaper...

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Perish the thought, First Mate. I had (erroneously it seems) been under the impression that the Skipper lived in Haiti. And naturally would be attending Sunday services appropriate to the local culture ;). That's why I thought your arrival at a ceremony near the beach in a noisy, vibrant hovercraft and you two leaping out suitably attired as the characters referred to above.......would add a certain pzazz to the proceedings.

Alas the Skipper has ventured east and now resides in the DR. I however am still based in the land of Voodoo and nonsense with one week a month respite in the land of Plantains.

I will as a matter of necessity have a small offering of various sacred articles placed under the Skippers seat, some chicken feet, brightly colored pebbles, a pack of Marlboro Red and a water proof pack of matches. Have I mentioned that Pedro is unstable. He neeeeeeds his cigarettes and this is the best offering that I can make to ensure a stable skipper.

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Have found you a boat!! it is in Guayacanes - next to Juan Dolio. 19.5 feet long - hopefully the lack of 6 inches will not bother you too much - fibreglass. has a 40hp Yamaha engine to save use of arms. I think the price is around 4000 US$. 2000 for the boat and the engine is 4000 new so should be about half price I am told. If you are interested pm me and I will give you the contact number - assuming you can espeak espany.

matilda

Matilda, good lead.

Pedro please get onto this lead asap ( oh Matilda - 6 inches.........we are white males its all we have.) :bunny:

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
To all contributors - thanks.

This has been a cool thread and we may even find a boat as well.

Cheers.
Collingwood;)