Anyone seen prunes for sale?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Has anyone seen prunes for sale in either Playero or Super Pola in Sousa? If I wanted to ask an employee if they are available is he correct term for prunes in Spanish = ciruelas pasas?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near either of those stores and transportation to get there is an issue for me.

How would one ask in Spanish if a store has prunes for sale?

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Has anyone seen prunes for sale in either Playero or Super Pola in Sousa? If I wanted to ask an employee if they are available is he correct term for prunes in Spanish = ciruelas pasas?

Playero used to have them - in the aisle with baking goods / flour / corn starch etc

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
dried dates and figs would probably suffice. I just need to learn how to ask for them as I would not easily recognize either if they fell into my lap an hopefully find an employee who a) know what they are b)if the store socks them and c) where in the store they would be shelved. Those are words in Spanish that I have not had a need to use yet. Thx for the suggestion.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Playero....vegetable cooler along left wall

Closest end to the butcher... upper shelf in the corner usually...w/ or w/o pits

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They’re actually popular in DR, in baked goods. Surprised me to see so many prune danishes, pies, etc. Not something I see in USA, and found out it’s my husband’s favorite since childhood 🤢