Anyone used Sprint's $5/mo service to call from the US to DR?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
confused --- or----

barking up the wrong tree.....

I've had T-mobile for over 6 years, so when barker1964 said that he paid a monthly fee similar to Sprint for mobile calls, I thought that it was one of those add-ons that they never publish. The only reason I knew AT&T and Sprint had similar services was because I literally went through their site and found it.

Anyways, as soon as he posted the link, I immediately knew it didn't exist and that he has never used such a service. I wouldn't be surprised if he copied the link from La Profe_1.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
That link's not new; La Profe_1 also posted that same link. Check the Mobile-to-Mobile cost to a DR mobile.

You wrote that you pay a monthly fee to call mobile phones in DR. I think you're just confused.

Not confused at all. I pay $15.00 for unlimited text and unlimited land line calling as well as reduced mobile to mobile. Had the plan for about two years. 5 lines unlimited everything and never a bill over $300.00

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Not confused at all. I pay $15.00 for unlimited text and unlimited land line calling as well as reduced mobile to mobile. Had the plan for about two years. 5 lines unlimited everything and never a bill over $300.00

With that $15 add-on, calls to an RD mobile are $0.20/minute. When I asked, you wrote No a fee similar to Sprint. Anyways, T-Mobile only offers unlimited calls to landlines; cellphones don't apply.

From the looks of it, only ultra-expensive AT&T and crappy Sprint are the only carriers that offer calls to DR cellphones at a discounted cost.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
With that $15 add-on, calls to an RD mobile are $0.20/minute. When I asked, you wrote No a fee similar to Sprint. Anyways, T-Mobile only offers unlimited calls to landlines; cellphones don't apply.

From the looks of it, only ultra-expensive AT&T and crappy Sprint are the only carriers that offer calls to DR cellphones at a discounted cost.

Now I understand I have a grandfathered plan.