Apartments in POP area

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
carina said:
6000 for that is a good rent if furniture, inversor and pool is included, but Sabana Grande is hell when it is raining..
It?s about the same as the apartments in Marapica goes for, but without the pool.

Carina, I have a friend who has a one bedroom apartment in Torre Alta near the entrance, This is fully furnished with Central A/C and its on the first floor, it would be more then suitable for our friend we were talking about the other day. He is a friend and there is nothing in it for me so I promised him a special responsable renter. There is no deposit required as he will rent to whomever I recommend personally. I can get the apartment for our friend @ RD $6000 a month.

Take care

Larry

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Gringo said:
Carina, I have a friend who has a one bedroom apartment in Torre Alta near the entrance, This is fully furnished with Central A/C and its on the first floor, it would be more then suitable for our friend we were talking about the other day. He is a friend and there is nothing in it for me so I promised him a special responsable renter. There is no deposit required as he will rent to whomever I recommend personally. I can get the apartment for our friend @ RD $6000 a month.

Take care

Larry

This is a really good price!
We went a few days ago in town, and I found her an 2 bedroom apt downtown for 6000 per month. Fully firnished, cable, electricity, water etc etc. all included.
No planta or a/c though of course to that rent.
Your deal is really good though!!!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
This apartment will go fast anyway... Larry knows alots of people.
Your arrival was in October.. it?s months from now!! ;)

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
sorting

carina said:
This apartment will go fast anyway... Larry knows alots of people.
Your arrival was in October.. it?s months from now!! ;)

I know, i just sorta wanna get things sorted sooner rather than later, i need to speak to larry, as im not sure whether he kept a room for me like he said or not (from what the posts above say from larry) If the rooms have gone, how easy will it be to find another apt. in puerto plata?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
The unwritten rules are:

- Tourist or short term rentals are easy, allthough the good places are booked up early in advance. To book you need to do a reservation, get it confirmed and in most cases pay a deposit. This beacuse, many people dream and book and never show up... No happy hour for the people renting out good rooms and apartments.

- Long term residencial apartments are harder. You need to have contacts, or go around and ask, and be here. No one rents it out month in advance, as no one knows anything exept what is today..
Tomorrow is a whole day away! ;)
You can not "book" those, and you sign a contract for 1 year.

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
6 months, not a year

Well i'll be staying 6 months for definite from october to april. So if anyone knows of anything......

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
jellylegs2002 said:
Well i'll be staying 6 months for definite from october to april. So if anyone knows of anything......

Jess, if you don?t want to do a preresevation for an aparment ( short term, not residencial ) before arriving, then book a hotel room for a few nights and look for a place to rent once you have arrived.

There are several short term apartmentrentals as well, like Larrys Apartments,
Jeffreys apartments in Torre Alta. Also a few on Calle Las Rosas and one huge across supermercado Jose Luis.
It would all depend on your budget and what you want standards you need.
Best is always to see with own eyes, unless you go for Larrys or someone known.