Apple Computers in DR??

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You can buy it on the Apple store and have it shipped to a ship forwarder in Miami. I may be wrong but computers don't pay duty taxes. A Macbook air is so light, that you won't have to pay more than a few bucks to get it here. As I mentioned on another thread, EncargoPaq charges $3.8 per pound all inclusive of taxes (no duties but laptops don't pay)

It will pay ITBIS.

May 20, 2012
Did you call them ?
no, just put it in the shopping cart and started to "check out" to see what taxes cost.
At bottom right of webpage it says "Estos precios no incluyen impuestos" so that's why I checked.
So it looks like its about 16%. Maybe their website hasn't updated to 18%

Jan 17, 2009
Yes, of course, it'll pay ITBIS (on the full amount). All merchandise where duty free or not pays ITBIS. Even then, it's a steal. I got an iMac sent to me last year and saved several hundred dollars.

The $200 is a duty exemption. Totally unrelated to ITBIS.

May 20, 2012
Nooooo!!!

Yes, of course, it'll pay ITBIS (on the full amount). All merchandise where duty free or not pays ITBIS. Even then, it's a steal. I got an iMac sent to me last year and saved several hundred dollars.

The $200 is a duty exemption. Totally unrelated to ITBIS.
thanks. I just went to place the Amazon order and they are now out of stock for 2-5 weeks!!!!

My only option is to wait. Amazon sells out in a couple days?? Guess a lot of people want new computers.

So disappointed.

miguel james

Nov 6, 2012
I will be visiting the Apple store here in NYC on Tuesday to pick one I have read many
of the reviews and they have all had positive things to say so far.