appts in POP

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
BostonMary said:
Carina,
I have someone who manages my rental property who lives in POP. She collects my rent, ensures that the utilities are paid and takes care of any emergency. When I arrive we reconcile the books. I know a lot of other people who do this. What is unusual about that sitaution??
The difference is we are talking about apartments for rent on a Dominican standard at Dominican rental rates. Your apartments are in Costambar and not attracting people who want to pay 3000-5000 pesos/month.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Of course. I thought you were renting our a regular residencial apartment in Puerto Plata.
If it is aiming for tourists, a property rental, then I know many, many people dealing with that.
I was talking about renting our your home, a residencial apartment, while away. That is what I haven?t heard of, and 1 would never do it myself.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Do you expect to bring her to work with you?

It's possible! She can always work for Joanne at Sam's. Dogs are not only welcome, but encouraged. I think Sam gets lonley sometimes so perhaps a doggy companion would be nice.

I had a lot of fun working there and actually made good money. I was a horrible bartender and an even worse waitress but for some reason, I always made a killing in tips.

The poster would make way more money there than at a resort or hotel.

Another option is to check with some of the tour companies such as Coco Tours or Signature. Perhaps she could be a transfer rep as they like to hire people who speak an array of languages.