ARAJET

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I'm not seeing this as very low cost. The European airlines like TUI regularly do for example London to Punta Cana for about $480 return and that involves a 9 hour flight each way on a Dreamliner with meals and a 23kg checked bag provided. Arajet is charging $470 for a a shorter return flight with no bag and no meals and a far inferior plane and seat.

Hijo you gave me a shocked emoji. I hope you're not baulking at the thought of spending $480 on an air fare, I had you down as a high-roller who would rub shoulders with me in business class. Don't tell me you're a penny pinching Spirit Airlines type of dude.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Hijo you gave me a shocked emoji. I hope you're not baulking at the thought of spending $480 on an air fare, I had you down as a high-roller who would rub shoulders with me in business class. Don't tell me you're a penny pinching Spirit Airlines type of dude.
You're too much Maria 😆. I appreciate you however ❤️ You have good insight. I would have laughed emoji if I thought it came in too high. I'm shocked because my last trip to Zurich from SDQ cost me US1300.
I don't fly spirit mi amor, nor Jet Blue. Also it's just as cheap if not cheaper than SDQ|Kennedy. I'm far from a high roller, but I don't mix with riff raff either.

Thanks @JD Jones. You'd laugh at anything the wind sends along!

• Love
Reactions: MariaRubia

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Arajet and BanReservas signed an agreement with each other. Anyone that pay for their Arajet tickets with a BanReservas credit card will get a 20% return and one free checked luggage. The tickets must be bought in www.ARAJET.com from June 2 to June 16, 2023 for any of Arajet's flights/destinations.

IMG_0987.jpeg

Hoy Newspaper; June 7, 2023.

IMG_0990.jpeg

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend flew Arajet recently and wants me to share his experience for you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been no fan of the 737Max and wanted to give it time to see the results of many hours of flying by numerous airlines which now includes Arajet for several trouble free months. I discussed Arajeyt with Riva by e0mail and he has had good experiences. So it was time for me to take up their excellent direct flight offers from SDQ.

SDQ to Quito for the two of us was just over $1000 for a 3.5 hour flight on a new 737Max named Valle Nuevo.

Check in was confined to about 8 desks to the left side adjacent the restaurants. There were 3 Arajet flights leaving this morning to San Jose, Cali and Quito then Guayacuil. There was one line and a quick premium line. It took half and hour to check in our bags and the staff were efficient.

They boarded us a half hour before the fight – actually on a bus to the aircraft. The aircraft has about 180 seats to row 31 with the front two rows having 2 extra wide seats each side of the aisle. The interior is new. The flight crew was 4 attendants. The pilot was Brazilian and the co-pilot from Bolivia. The flight was 25% full by my estimation so plenty of room to move around. The flight attendants were very pleasant and told me that the flight is normally far from full. Apparently the flights to Lima are similar – my next longer trip in a month at about S1100 for the two of us.

Drinks and snack are at a cost.

It was a very relaxing and incident free flight.

My guess is that Arajet is waiting for US licenses and will then use SDQ as a hub and undercut the likes of Copa and Avianca.

I would not fly 7 hours to Sao Paulo because the seats are not suited for long haul. No back of seta monitors.

My recommendation for the doubters is to take up these fantastic offers while they last. To get to the likes of Quito and Lima before cost double and involved multi city stops. Now you fly direct

Reactions: AlaPlaya

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Latest interview of the President of Arajet, Víctor Pacheco.

PS. Is it me or lately he has appeared in tie and suit? What happened to the sneakers and the jeans? lol

Reactions: MariaRubia

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Looks like the new planes for Arajet. I'll dig for more updates.

arajet.png

Plan of routes that Arajet have soon set up for the 2023/2024 period.

This year 5x Max8 and the next 6x Max200 are expected, although Boeing is announcing delays in the deliveries of the 737 equipment which shown picture above. I have heard that by 2025 priority would be given to central and western North America and some important points in Latin America and the Caribbean that have remained . In purple the current routes and in red seasonal, in green the future ones.

arajet-map.png

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I wonder how well suited SDQ is as a major transit hub. It's a cute airport but I don't think the catering and shopping offer are suited to a lot of people transiting.

And I do with Arajet all the best of luck, but their business model is almost certainly based on nearly full planes. The trip report that showed a 25% full plane makes me wonder how long they will last.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The airport has space limitations regarding the terminal itself and on the tarmac regarding parking for the airplanes and that will become a problem for Arajet's plans. Arajet has the intention of building a new terminal just for them at AILA, which will be large enough to handle its plans, but as of late there is the rumor that AERODOM (the company that administers the AILA via Vinci Airports) will not let Arajet to build its own terminal.

That is quite stupid if you ask me. If I was in charge of AERODOM, Arajet would get the green light to build another terminal if it agreed to pay for a new higher traffic control tower, a new runway and taxi ways, and new hangars plus a monorail connecting the new terminal with the old. If they want to put Arajet advertisement in all of them for free, let them as long it gets built. lol I understand Punta Cana Airport is privately owned and runs like the business it is, but the AILA should be the biggest airport in the DR for obvious reasons.

The Orlando International Airport recently inaugurated a new terminal. Why can MCO have a new terminal while the same isn't allowed at AILA? Stupid beyond belief.

Last edited:
Reactions: cavok and JD Jones

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I wonder how well suited SDQ is as a major transit hub. It's a cute airport but I don't think the catering and shopping offer are suited to a lot of people transiting.

And I do with Arajet all the best of luck, but their business model is almost certainly based on nearly full planes. The trip report that showed a 25% full plane makes me wonder how long they will last.
Punta cana airport would be better suited for it.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Listín Diario has an article where it says Arajet has transported from El Salvador over 25,600 passengers in the first half of this year. It says many Salvadorans entered the DR as tourists and simply let it expired while establishing themselves in various tourist areas. Dominican migration authorities interrogate much more intensley Salvadorans arriving in flights from El Salvador and other airlines. They also look for signs, such as tattoos and other markings, that could hint membership in the Mara Salvatrucha gang.

IMG_1652.jpeg

• Wow

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The Listín Diario has an article where it says Arajet has transported from El Salvador over 25,600 passengers in the first half of this year. It says many Salvadorans entered the DR as tourists and simply let it expired while establishing themselves in various tourist areas. Dominican migration authorities interrogate much more intensley Salvadorans arriving in flights from El Salvador and other airlines. They also look for signs, such as tattoos and other markings, that could hint membership in the Mara Salvatrucha gang.

View attachment 7869

Great, just what we need, more chapiadores.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Guyana and El Salvador. Unusual destinations. Not for tourism. Business destinations maybe. But what type of business.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Guyana and El Salvador. Unusual destinations. Not for tourism. Business destinations maybe. But what type of business.

If you look at Arajets routes I don't think that tourism to the DR is their model. I think they are using Santo Domingo as a hub but the idea is a cheap flight from anywhere to say Miami or New York via Santo Domingo.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There is a small office off to the left hand side, facing the agents at immigration at SDQ. Two times in the past year I was told, after my passport was stamped, "go to that office and come back here". Why? I have no idea but it took less than 5 minutes so who cares? The last time, a couple of months ago, my heart dropped because there were about 10 men in their waiting for...? The agent looked up and saw I had my passport in hand motioned me forward, looked at it and I went back and out.
The men were NOT Dominicans. They didn't look comfortable. I doubt there was a good ending to their story.

Reactions: JD Jones