ARAJET

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
www.arajet.com sratred to sell tickets. Roundr trip SDQ CUN SDQ from 150 USD with all taxes. many seats are on sale for 55 USD one way to the caribbean and Latin AMerica
I tried to figure out when they start flying to where and it is not obvious, then tried to book a flight and got nowhere. The website stinks! I "chatted" with the call centre... not the most helpful. They try hard but I don't think they know much. Maybe part of the start up issues!

Reactions: chicagoan14
Feb 16, 2016
-
I remember the days when you could just show up at the airport and buy a ticket for a flight to where you wanted to go.

Much success with your booking.

Reactions: Jumbo

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I tried to figure out when they start flying to where and it is not obvious, then tried to book a flight and got nowhere. The website stinks! I "chatted" with the call centre... not the most helpful. They try hard but I don't think they know much. Maybe part of the start up issues!
And hopefully the "start up issues" don't start up in the air. There's something comforting about a "track record".

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Are you sure the issue is with the site and not you? Many Dominicans have bought tickets on the website with no issues.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There destinations as of now. Solid lines are a done deal while broken lines as waiting governments approvals. Flights to the USA starts later this year, so expect this map to be different comes December.

18A32222-53C3-4226-96EF-DC2C5546A561.jpeg

Feb 16, 2016
-
The map does not completely align with the website.
MDE is shown as a solid line from SDQ
But that flight is not available on the website as of yet.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I had a quick look and don't see the fares as insanely low. Ryanair in the UK regularly sells flights for under £10 (about US$ 13) including taxes, I think that's insanely low. On Arajet I checked a flight to Cartaghena and it came up as US$ 323 round trip if you included one checked bag under 20kg (which let's face it anyone is going to need for a trip). I think they are going to need to get much cheaper to compete against the likes of Jetblue and Frontier and Spirit.

Their CEO is the British guy who started Wizz Air, very successful airline in Europe. So he has track record.

Reactions: AlaPlaya
Feb 16, 2016
-
I had a quick look and don't see the fares as insanely low. Ryanair in the UK regularly sells flights for under £10 (about US$ 13) including taxes, I think that's insanely low.
On Arajet I checked a flight to Cartaghena and it came up as US$ 323 round trip if you included one checked bag under 20kg (which let's face it anyone is going to need for a trip). I think they are going to need to get much cheaper to compete against the likes of Jetblue and Frontier and Spirit.
SDQ to MEX on Aug. 24:
Arajet 97.38 USD
Best fare by an airline on Google Flights 302 USD
Their CEO is the British guy who started Wizz Air, very successful airline in Europe. So he has track record.
Past performance does not predict future results.
But I will take your word for it.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I had a quick look and don't see the fares as insanely low. Ryanair in the UK regularly sells flights for under £10 (about US$ 13) including taxes, I think that's insanely low. On Arajet I checked a flight to Cartaghena and it came up as US$ 323 round trip if you included one checked bag under 20kg (which let's face it anyone is going to need for a trip). I think they are going to need to get much cheaper to compete against the likes of Jetblue and Frontier and Spirit.

Dominican taxes are an insane amount of the costs of a ticket. Not much that can be done about that unless the Dominican government wants to reduce or eliminate them. The amounts before taxes are quite low.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas
Feb 16, 2016
-
I take a true aviator that is able to handle a inflight emergency and get me back on the ground alive over ANY CEO of any airline flying.

So, are you flying, investing or just sitting on the sidelines pounding on your keyboard?