Are Dominican Females Crazy?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
amy2761 said:
Wow! Never thought I'd get the explination for it .... always wondered why someone would plant aloe at the entrance door to our apartments, as well as to the left side of our balcony. Interesting ....

Stay well,
Amy

The aloe (sabila) plant was an indispensable item in the medicine cabinet of Taino homes. Then with the Conquest, as new medicinal plants and procedures were imported from Spain, the knowledge of the specific ways aloe was used for healing was forgotten in most rural homes. Except that it's 'goodness' was never forgotten. That's how alow ended tied to a beam above the door, and magical purposes for it were developed.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
I also heard ....

Mirador said:
The aloe (sabila) plant was an indispensable item in the medicine cabinet of Taino homes. Then with the Conquest, as new medicinal plants and procedures were imported from Spain, the knowledge of the specific ways aloe was used for healing was forgotten in most rural homes. Except that it's 'goodness' was never forgotten. That's how alow ended tied to a beam above the door, and magical purposes for it were developed.

That if you cut it lenghthwise, wash it, dry it out and eat it, small squares of it, then it'll make you loose weight .... but someone else then told me that it dries out your pancreas (sp?). Well, either way, I'm happy with using it on my skin in gel form as a moisturiser
:)

Stay well,
Amy