Are DR1ers helpful or just out to bash newbies?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Now this is what I'm talking about!!! Two new pages full of post's with great answers and opinions and NONE rude!!! lol I realize you prob all hear the same questions asked over and over,(can I move to Dom Rep with no money,get a job the day I arrive and live like a rich person?? Oh, and I dont speak spanish!!!) Trust me, I'm not always the most patient person either and snap at people sometimes!! But these posts were great!!! Good to see I could start a whole new thread just from my comment!!! lol Hope everyone has a great day!!!

that may be 'cause i've not been online today, ha ha.
i am reading what is left of the thread now after a like always bad day over in the Capital City.

by reading only the OP i assume the answer would've been a bunch of Q's to the OP. i still did not get the point why a good ole english girl should take english lessons since 3 years or so, shouldn't she have many such english lessons since lifetime?

i've been short term visitor on many bords before i found DR1, and i HIT it like a elephant in a ...., Robert deleted my first contribution around a minute after posted, lol.

why i am still here?
heck, it is in case of the present expat community the by far best you will find on the net anywhere, you will find answers to ANY kind of question, and the answers come from people who spent here a nearly or full lifetimespan, not just some frequent travellers who visited the same resort 15 times for vaca within 6 years and think they know a country, such would on bords like TA be named a "destination Expert", woooaaahaha.

as long as not personally offensive the contrary posts and some straight even when rough answers often/mostly open a theme more widely, open more questions for important consence about the discussed theme, and make a thread that way a complete one.

and IF one hits a bit the wrong tone we are enough of a good community here to let each others know about the 'mistone' which brings the stuff back in line, that includes the good moderation of the bord, and yes, it also includes that we sometimes serve ourselves a bit of a bashing, but always friends again afterwards.

so to all bord-newbies:
shout it out loud,
we will shout back in the best possible helpful way.
than better/detailed/clear a Q is asked,
than easier for somebody else to give a clear and helpful answer.
'nite
Mike

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
Words of wisdom.

For the most part, the members of the forum will bend over backwards to share their wisdom and experiences. You will find that there is a common thead the run through theie input. It may well be in your best interest to take them up on their advice.