Are Duracell good inverters?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.......Keep in mind the security of both the Inverter and the Batteries at all times.

SantiagoDR
That is my primary concern. If the batteries are installed inside an apartment will there be enough ventilation or must the batteries be located outside?

Last edited:

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
BB, Ive never seen batteries inside a apartment althou iam sure it can be done i suppose. I do know that i have a locked frame on my batteries thats placed directly opposite the inverter on the outside of my house. It's made of metal, and the lock is placed on the top. the frame encloses all sides of the battery

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Common

That is my primary concern. If the batteries are installed inside an apartment will there be enough ventilation or must the batteries be located outside?

Have seen lots of installations with the batteries inside the house! Have never smelled them and when checking they never seemed hot. most of these were either 2 or 4 battery groups mainly 2.

sdnylz

Aug 16, 2009
I just recently installed a 1.5k inverter/charger with two batteries in my apartment. The inverter and batteries were actually installed outside the apartment under a protected area with wires running over the roof and down the pipe to the breaker panel.

Plaza Llama in SDQ had a sale on the inverter & battery package that included installation for around 19000.00 pesos. It will run the basics; lights, fans, TV, stereo but not the refrigerator. Sure beats sitting around in the dark!

You can buy ready made frames to hold the batteries. The frames are bolted to the wall near the inverter and have provision for a padlock. Most hardware stores seem to sell them. A four-battery frame runs around 1000.00 pesos.

I think that's a pretty good deal. is the special over in plaza lama?

sdnylz

Aug 16, 2009
you know what. I found a trace inverter 2.4 kilos for RD$20,027. It's a pretty good deal considering the one in ebay for USD$868. I think it's better bying in DR. Plus if you get the warranty they can go and repair it if something gets damaged.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I just recently installed a 1.5k inverter/charger with two batteries in my apartment.............. It will run the basics; lights, fans, TV, stereo but not the refrigerator..............
1) Just running the basics as you mentioned how many hours will a two battery set up last?

2) Is there a delay from when normal power goes out and the inverter takes over?