Are there any hotels in Santo domingo where an 8 year old girl can beft for 3/4 hours

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Why not bring a maid or woman you know to take the children to the zoo? Give her cellphone to keep you aware of their whereabouts. Treat her to a upmarket lunch or buy her a dress.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
seriously, some folks here need to take a row of seats. the man is looking to leave his kid in some form of a day care. do you sit with your kids 24/7? don't they go to school?

on a note more related to the subject. maybe someone can suggest a day care that is fairly close to the hotel. many of those places charge a daily rate for kids who only need supervision every now and then.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
seriously, some folks here need to take a row of seats. the man is looking to leave his kid in some form of a day care. do you sit with your kids 24/7? don't they go to school?

on a note more related to the subject. maybe someone can suggest a day care that is fairly close to the hotel. many of those places charge a daily rate for kids who only need supervision every now and then.

Yes, but as decent parents you check it out first.

But never mind, we have different leves of responsibility coming through here obviously.

Good luck OP!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Poor granca, he asked a simple question and has been put through the wringer by our DR1 'experts'.

I agree with Lindsey - when our kids were small, we stayed at various hotels that had "kid's club" areas. Staffed by experienced caregivers, they entertain the kids with their choice of things like arts & crafts, movies, video games, board games, etc. Kids have fun in a safe environment, and parents have some free time of their own for whatever they need to do. One hotel even had a separate dining room for the kids, a fun place for them with kid-popular foods, while the parents dined in the next room [where they could see the kids' room too].

Sadly, as others have said, I don't believe this exists in Santo Domingo. You might want to consider bringing someone with you to SD, they can spend the few hours with your daughter - maybe at the hotel pool, or at one of the indoor children places.

Of course, granca can take his daughter with them to the appointments, but I suspect he's trying to find an alternative that the child will prefer.

One person has been banned for his comments in this thread, let's stop the preaching and unsolicited parenting advice.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I'm sorry my request has caused so much upset. No we don't like leaving our daughter elsewhere but i suppose i have been conditioned by experience in the UK as well as hotel kids clubs the Forestry Commission have big nature reserves dotted about the country with activities, nature trails etc, they have a very high reputation. We were just worried that she would get bored stiff waiting about government offices. Sad that nothing like that exists here.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
I'm sorry my request has caused so much upset. No we don't like leaving our daughter elsewhere but i suppose i have been conditioned by experience in the UK as well as hotel kids clubs the Forestry Commission have big nature reserves dotted about the country with activities, nature trails etc, they have a very high reputation. We were just worried that she would get bored stiff waiting about government offices. Sad that nothing like that exists here.

She will.. Waiting and waiting is not a lot fun for kids especially when you have a very active kid.

Maybe the big hotels have something for kids?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Childcare Services
Babysitting Services Available
Babysitting hours of operation 2:00 AM to 7:00 AM
Nanny Available for Hire

Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

That look up took me less than a minute. Instead of y'all raising all this ruckus for hours on end why not provide the help and keep it moving?

It is hardly "Child Abuse" to leave a child with professional child care providers while the Parents attend to business, that's why just about all 4 star hotels offer the service pretty much all over the world....sheesh!

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
when you say WE, who you mean? really, as parents you want to leave your child alone for 3/4 hours. you should be ashamed and probably arrested (in the us anyway) too bad that here in the dr nothing will happen to you.as far as I am concerned, you are nothing but a piece of ****.

Go back and read the post, they are looking for a place with a "kids Club" which is also a secure baby sitting service. If you post rude ignorant remarks based on your inability to read and comprehend the original post it just makes you look stupid and causes hurt and injury.

redserge

Jan 30, 2011

That look up took me less than a minute. Instead of y'all raising all this ruckus for hours on end why not provide the help and keep it moving?

It is hardly "Child Abuse" to leave a child with professional child care providers while the Parents attend to business, that's why just about all 4 star hotels offer the service pretty much all over the world....sheesh!

Ahhhh the voice of reason strikes again. Very well thought out and executed. I salute your actions.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
duh,,,,,,dominicans have children.....lots of them... this watching a child is not a problem anywhere....just remember to tip...and or offer to pay...there is probably children in the (????) being watched...they bring their kids to work...

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

Oh, now professionalism is not in question? I am obviously way over protective if the consensus is that it is normal for a parent to drop their child off with someone they have never met before, and actually leave the building and put themselves further from arms reach. Most of the time the consensus is that we wouldn't trust them to walk our dogs, but now they can supervise our kids, lol. You guyz!!

And I have myself allowed my child to go to the child care area when I am a guest at the hotel, when I am within shouting distance, and have had time to see how things are. Never in my stupidest of actions would I leave my child with one of these girls and go off about my business, out of ear or eye shot, never mind out of the entire hotel complex. And so I do and have used them, I;m not against them, but I'm not stupid enough to put too much trust there. If they hurt themselves then they have no one there to comfort them other than this stranger who for sure hs a different idea of what is appropriate action.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Oh, now professionalism is not in question? I am obviously way over protective if the consensus is that it is normal for a parent to drop their child off with someone they have never met before, and actually leave the building and put themselves further from arms reach. Most of the time the consensus is that we wouldn't trust them to walk our dogs, but now they can supervise our kids, lol. You guyz!!

And I have myself allowed my child to go to the child care area when I am a guest at the hotel, when I am within shouting distance, and have had time to see how things are. Never in my stupidest of actions would I leave my child with one of these girls and go off about my business, out of ear or eye shot, never mind out of the entire hotel complex. And so I do and have used them, I;m not against them, but I'm not stupid enough to put too much trust there. If they hurt themselves then they have no one there to comfort them other than this stranger who for sure hs a different idea of what is appropriate action.

We've heard enough from you about your stellar parenting skills.

Let that be your LAST post in this thread.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks all of you even the critics, due to various muddles by me with documents our daughter is coming with us to SD. We'll make it a couple of days out for her. Apart from the Zoo , Aquarium and the the C. Colon pigeons, anybody like to suggest anywhere else to take her?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Jardin Botanico is a MUST SEE!!!!
Take the tram ride to see the whole place in comfort.
Kids, & Adults love it!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
i also loved tres ojos but it's a bit out of the way.

Combine it with Faro Colon.

You also have Aquamundo in Sambil (havent visited it yet) Indeed some of Zona Colonial Fort Ozama, Parque Colon, Plaza de Espana. Plaza de Cultura with the museums could be interesting.

Aqua splash? Happyland?

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
The title says it all, we have to go to the capital next week where among other things I have to renew my Cedula and Residencia. Is there an hotel with a kids club where we can leave our 8 year old daughter for 3 to 4 hours?

Give ol CC a shout.. I hear he loves kids and would probably jump at the chance to help out a fellow DR1 poster. Heck, take her out for pizza, the park, and a matinee.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The children's museum in the Colonial Zone:
Museo Trampol?n Museo Infantil Trampolin
Fortaleza Ozama is right next door and Plaza de Espa?a is a couple of minutes away on foot.

The Natural History museum and the other museums in Plaza de la Cultura.