Aristy's visa revoked

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
I've seen other articles in the past regarding the legal education in the DR. This last one says that some schools graduate folks with less than 100 credits, but schools' sites disagree.

UASD: 227 credits
PUCMM: 204
UCE: 244
UTE: 225
O&M: 214
UNICARIBE: 217
UNPHU: 207

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
The Supreme Court now says that starting this year, new judges must know english and french. But I think they should be required to know proper spanish.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I think you are correct in your assessment of knowing proper Spanish.

May I ask where you are getting your information concerning the desires of the supreme court?

Rick

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Please excuse me for getting off subject but......................

?Seek and ye shall find? !

Interesting news hit the airways in regards to lawyers and in Spanish here.

Rick

I wonder if the law degree that Something of the night (post#12) refers to that Mr Arity acquired, might be one of those 2 year one's that's referred to in the article. I wonder....:ermm:

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Rick,

I read it on Diario Libre, and it's now on DR1's daily news.

Also, as far as legal education, even the thesis advisors are making money, giving a new meaning to the term 'cottage industry.'

Hidalgo,

According to Aristy's website, amigosdeamable.com, his degree is from UTE, la Unversidad de la Tercera Edad, for folks over 30 years of age. The school requires 9 semesters for law. UNICARIBE seems to be the shortest: less than 3 years.

Last edited:

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Thank you I saw it. If I wasn't so lazy and had indulged in my normal routine of reading the news first this morning then I wouldn't have asked that stupid question. Sorry about that, I'll try not to let it happen again. Hehehe

Rick

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
The Supreme Court now says that starting this year, new judges must know english and french. But I think they should be required to know proper spanish.

Well, it seems we agree on something SOTN... :)

I would go one step further and suggest that we spend more time and resources on developing the intellectual capacity to actually apply the law. Many of the judges lack the critical ability to apply laws without "passion or prejudice".

Scandall

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Thirty-thousand in law schools?

Today's Diario Libre reports that there are over 30,000 students of law now.

I know of medical doctors, teachers, engineers, architects, nurses, and agricultural engineers who have gone back to school to study law. And that's just in Higuey.

If this trend continues, half of the population will be lawyers by 2043.

I know how they keep the numbers down in the US, but can anyone tell me how it's done in the European Union?

Thank you,

-The Kid