Arrest on a Friday, extortion, blackmail

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ladybird}[QUOTE said:
I know what everyone is thinking, its our own fault for buying without seeing, but that was our gamble. We arrived to find it was a bargain, its now worth about 2/3 times what we paid, so the gamble was good

So you made a big profit without even inspecting the place. That's great!

Apart from the fact she omitted to tell us about the cracks from the earthquake., the place was filthy,

If you didn't inspect the property I assume you didn't know what cracks were there before the earthquake. It is the DR you know.

the pool had about 8mths of dirty infested water, loads of frogs and other yuks, you couldnt live in the house it was so bad.

So if the place was that bad I'd say $200.00 or so US dollars that you were charged was a real deal and a half. I mean frogs and yuks things!

BTW I do not know any of these people you have mentioned. I'm looking at his whole thing from an outside point of view.

christremain

Aug 15, 2003
When in Rome !!

Well, I couldn't have put it better myself.

As some people will know, I and my family have moved here to the DR from the UK. And despite some teething problems (all of our own making I might add!) wow - what a fantastic move we have made.

The most amazing thing to note is the amount of people willing to diss (dispespect) the Dominican people and culture and way of life - MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN!! - and also those who try to play the high ground.

ie - quick to judge or put down others that - even if they try to defend themselves - would still seem as if they are protesting too much!

For my part I have had dealings with Mags at Century 21 twice - once in September last year - we didn't do any business but I kept in touch. Lastly when my family and I arrived and we met by chance in Sosua.

She could't have been more helpful, has arranged babysitters for us and is a very well intentioned individual. My wife and I thank her publicly for her help and support.

I have met her husband twice and found him to be a personable kinda guy.

Having had no business dealings with him I can't comment on the nature of the initial complaint other than to say that I echo the wise words of Bush baby - there is always TWO sides to a story and people are just sometimes too quick to judge.

Someone once put in a post to me - "Believe NOTHING you hear and only HALF of what you see yourself" - If I apply that to this - there is nothing else to say.

As a footnote - a warm 'thank you' to all that have helped me along the way.