ARS Universal medical insurance

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
twallace56 if you don't mind me asking, what plan did you have with Universal?

This thread will get read over time by 1'000s of people, plus I have no doubt the people from Universal.

twallace56

Jul 8, 2005
Just to clarify the last post.
Optimo 2000 was the policy recommended to us by the staff in the Puerto plata office. They assured us that this policy was sufficient to meet our needs in the Dominican republic. At no time was any other policy offered.
I will be changing insurance companies now but will make sure that they offer all the policies available. Terry

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
We had been advised Humano requires a physical and documents pre existing conditions if this is correct a better plan for your situation may be to upgrade from Optimo to Exclusivo to keep comprehensive coverage for your wife. Best of health to you both.

twallace56

Jul 8, 2005
I don,t think changing insurance is an option for my wife as no other insurance company will take her on. However i will be changing companies. At the moment just looking for the best one. As yet still had no response from Universal whom i sent an email to last week. About sums them up really!!:ermm:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I don,t think changing insurance is an option for my wife as no other insurance company will take her on. However i will be changing companies. At the moment just looking for the best one. As yet still had no response from Universal whom i sent an email to last week. About sums them up really!!:ermm:

They probably won't want to upgrade her coverage for the same reason. I'm truly sorry for you. A similar thing happened to me several year ago. The company had me pay the bill and submit a claim. At the time they were secretly getting ready for bankruptsy and when I put in the claim "Guess what" No Government controls, at least then. Thanks for warning others about that company. BYW your brokers should be ashamed of themselves.