as the expats get older or retiries head south

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
thanks for those replies folks.

What about the average age bit? My guess being that the first wave of ex-pats are in their 50's & 60's generally, so too young to be worried about nursing homes just yet? Good guess or out by a decade???

I know Sosua had an influx of refugees in the 1940's (primarily Jewish I believe?) So is there a sizeable aging community there?

Basically, people who are living in an extended family network are not going to be worried but those from a nuclear family culture (or whose extended family is beginning to change) may have choices to make soon with one choice not available? I'm a (psychiatric) nurse with 12 years experience of working in a private nursing home and three years of managing services for people with disabilities, so I'm always interested in health provision (or lack of it!)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
KeithF, I don't think any of us who are part of what might be called the expat residents of Sosua consider the Jewish residents who came here in the 40s expats. They are completely assimilated into the community and have never, to my knowledge during more than 20 years of living here, been referred to as expats.