Assistance on SD lodging

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I have done research on the archives and maybe Jan, ChrissCCCCooolllloooon, etc could answer this. I want to make reservations and there are many suggestions for Santo Domingo but I would like to know: what moderate hotels/guesthouses are guest friendly without extra charges? Usually I stay at Hotel Napolitano, have stayed at the Mercure, Palacio as well, but I am looking to spend around 40US or under for a couple of nights in the capital before I head up to Santiago area to spend the rest of my vacation with my boy. All I need is a name/phone number of the place so that I can make reservations by phone since I plan on staying there the nights of March 20 when I arrive and the next night. The place has to be guest friendly: I am thinking maybe the rooms over the Mona Lisa Spa, Duque de Wellington but they mainly cater to homosexuals I have heard, Mansion Gautreax (spelling) that I have got from the archives. All I need is a fan, clean room, guest friendly, 40US or under, and if the place has a safe/security box that would seal a deal even if I had to pay a little more than another place without one. Thanks all for any help. Sorry Rick (grande pollo de Boca Chica, hehe), can't take vacation to meet you in BC in April, maybe another time.
dale7(DR bound)

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Clean, Cheap and Take Out Service

dale7 said:
I am thinking maybe the rooms over the Mona Lisa Spa, Duque de Wellington but they mainly cater to homosexuals I have heard, Mansion Gautreax (spelling) that I have got from the archives.

Dale, Dale, Dale, you can't go wrong at Mona Lisa. I have seen all the rooms from the small ones ( dirt cheap ) to the large ones ( still cheap) and the catering to homosexuals, well even if true, it isn't in YOUR actual room (unless you want to) . You can walk downstairs and shop without worrying about the rain, too.

If you want the ultimate in Guest friendly you'd have to think a hotel that is physically part of a brothel has to fit the bill. Were I to stay in SD and not BC I would not hesitate to use them. And all the times I have dropped in they haven't been full or even partially so getting one should be a cinch.

This is like living above a McDonalds if you are a fast food fanatic.

PS: About another reference in your post, PM me when you get a chance.