ATMs Open

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Is ATM Punta cana village open? The Scotia Bank one? Any ATMs in PCV area? All Blue Mall ones of course closed.

By the way Meemselle re closed thread on my brilliant friend. Of course I read each book.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The ATMs in Punta Cana Village are open, but don't know if they actually have any money. BanReservas is open for drive-through only.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Progreso in Rio San Juan only dispensed 200 peso notes

Branch is closd so ATM must be swamped
Surely they'll reload it today

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I can report that BanReservas in Punta Cana Village is only serving customers via the drive-through booth - both pedestrians and people in vehicles. It took us about an hour and a half to be served yesterday morning.

Popular was letting clients inside the bank, but only a few at a time.

Open Mon-Fri, until 12:30 only.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I am dreading the fact that I have to go to the bank this week.....need to change money ... I will go with my knight suit ...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
As well as drive-through, some branches have extended opening hours are serving customers inside. If not, wait on foot to be served through the drive-through booth. Get there as early as possible and prepare for a 1-2 hour wait.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Take a napkin and use disposable gloves to touch the keys on the ATM and/or the screen. When it gives you the card back, remember to put in on and wrap it with a napkin. Take the gloves off and make sure they are wrapped together with one glove covering both with the inside out. Once at home take the napkin wrapped around the ATM card, take the card out and immediately wash both sides with soap and water. Use a new napkin (or paper towel) to dry off the card and is ready to go back in the wallet or wherever the card is usually stored.

Reactions: waytogo

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Take a napkin and use disposable gloves to touch the keys on the ATM and/or the screen. When it gives you the card back, remember to put in on and wrap it with a napkin. Take the gloves off and make sure they are wrapped together with one glove covering both with the inside out. Once at home take the napkin wrapped around the ATM card, take the card out and immediately wash both sides with soap and water. Use a new napkin (or paper towel) to dry off the card and is ready to go back in the wallet or wherever the card is usually stored.

Talk about walking on eggshells.
Washing an ATM card with soap
and water? SMH...

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Talk about walking on eggshells.
Washing an ATM card with soap
and water? SMH...

I am in agreement with your position.
If this is your only means of acquiring cash at the present time, I would be very hesitant to use this method. Using gloves for the machine key pad is fine and understandable, but I would not play with the card that provides you with the golden goose. One scratch on the chip or magnetic strip can render the card useless.
If you are that paranoid of the card you are using becoming infected, what of the cash bills you receive? Are you washing and drying them as well?

Reactions: I love Azua

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am in agreement with your position.
If this is your only means of acquiring cash at the present time, I would be very hesitant to use this method. Using gloves for the machine key pad is fine and understandable, but I would not play with the card that provides you with the golden goose.
Hey there's a brillant idea.
Good luck with that fella getting a
foreign bank atm card replacement
in his hands down here anytime
soon. As for the replacing a local
bank card, I wonder if he's seen the
freakin lines lately. Hello Venezuela.

Reactions: Caonabo