Attack at airport

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
No, I said it wasn't that bad outside of Port au Prince. I still say the same thing and I would go if it wasn't such a long trip and I wasn't so old.
Alors, bon voyage theoretically writing.
There may be some nice areas left in Haiti, but it hardly is a safe or comfortable travel destination.
Even when accompanied by Haitians, who could do nothing against the armed criminals roaming the country.

But surely you are aware of water shortage, deforestation and erosion in Haiti.

"Haiti today is plagued by an extreme socioeconomic and environmental crisis. As it fights climate change, freshwater problems, deforestation and pollution,"
The article is from 2022, things have only gotten worse.
Look at the pictures.

While the situation in Haiti is disastrous,
The DR is doing better but also has serious problems of water pollution and other environmental issues.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Alors, bon voyage theoretically writing.
There may be some nice areas left in Haiti, but it hardly is a safe or comfortable travel destination.
Even when accompanied by Haitians, who could do nothing against the armed criminals roaming the country.

But surely you are aware of water shortage, deforestation and erosion in Haiti.

"Haiti today is plagued by an extreme socioeconomic and environmental crisis. As it fights climate change, freshwater problems, deforestation and pollution,"
The article is from 2022, things have only gotten worse.
Look at the pictures.

The DR is doing better but also has serious problems of water pollution and other environmental issues.
As the song says, tout peyi gen pwoblem (every country has problems). The north is fine for a visit as is the east and the mountains. I wouldn't hesitate to visit there now. As far as the enivironmental crap, yes it's an issue, as are a lack of electricity and good sewage. However I know people there and care for them deeply. That overrides a lot.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
As the song says, tout peyi gen pwoblem (every country has problems). The north is fine for a visit as is the east and the mountains. I wouldn't hesitate to visit there now. As far as the enivironmental crap, yes it's an issue, as are a lack of electricity and good sewage. However I know people there and care for them deeply. That overrides a lot.
The environmental crap as you call it,
Is caused by Haitians cutting down all trees and foliage creating erosion.

Just as we have incredible pollution in DR rivers, cause by Dominicans throwing their garbage and dumping chemicals and toxic liquids in the rivers.
I can see the river Camu, laden with garbage in heavy rains.
Those rivers could be pristine, clean if people cared.

In your vacation paradise,
NN —
"Hundreds of prisoners have escaped from Haiti’s National Penitentiary in the capital, Port-au-Prince, after fighting broke out on Saturday, according to a law enforcement source."
How many of those murderers will infiltrate the DR?

I can understand your concern for decent people you know, who just may be victims of circumstance.

My concern is for the people in the DR and how this country can be protected from Haitian chaos.
The DR is a poor country, with few resources.
If insecurity increase here, the important tourism industry will suffer.

You may be a good person,
But you seem to be an old man ( you.." I wasn't so old.") living on dreams.
The world will not be as you hope.

Reactions: windeguy

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
But I'm just a soul who's intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

Since you are old you will remember this:

Reactions: cavok

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
American Airlines wasn’t the only one with an airplane that was reached by bullets at P-A-P. The Dominican airline SkyCana also had one of its airplanes hit by a bullet. This aside from dangerous (what if it would had gone through one of the windows and hit a passenger?), this is ridiculous. It has been said by a Dominican pilot that flies to P-A-P alot from the DR that it has been known for airplanes to be shot at from some of Haiti’s slums as they are landing and departing from P-A-P, but until now no airplane has been hit by a bullet.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You seen to be bothered whenever something bad is mentioned about Haiti, mentioning the DR. I don’t remember you mentioning Haiti whenever something bad is mentioned about the DR. :unsure:

This is quite ridiculous. So Nicaragua is in another dictatorship. Quick, say something happening in neighboring Costa Rica. Phew, feel much better. :rolleyes:

NYC had a terrorist attack in 2001, quick mention something bad thaf happened in Toronto. Oh no, I can’t think any… aaaah…

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
NALs, call such talk about bad things elsewhere misdirection, obfuscation or any other word, that is all irrelevant.

Sounds like the Airport should be shut down.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
How would you like to be on a 737 Max as people are shooting it from the ground?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The environmental crap as you call it,
Is caused by Haitians cutting down all trees and foliage creating erosion.

Just as we have incredible pollution in DR rivers, cause by Dominicans throwing their garbage and dumping chemicals and toxic liquids in the rivers.
I can see the river Camu, laden with garbage in heavy rains.
Those rivers could be pristine, clean if people cared.

In your vacation paradise,
NN —
"Hundreds of prisoners have escaped from Haiti’s National Penitentiary in the capital, Port-au-Prince, after fighting broke out on Saturday, according to a law enforcement source."
How many of those murderers will infiltrate the DR?

I can understand your concern for decent people you know, who just may be victims of circumstance.

My concern is for the people in the DR and how this country can be protected from Haitian chaos.
The DR is a poor country, with few resources.
If insecurity increase here, the important tourism industry will suffer.

You may be a good person,
But you seem to be an old man ( you.." I wasn't so old.") living on dreams.
The world will not be as you hope.
Thanks for the reply. And yes, at 69 i am old. I am reminded of it everytime I wince.

Regardless, If I could go to Haiti without the long drives and 2 or 3 immigration stops, I would in a heartbeat. As Paul tells us about himself "I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some." Later he says "Imitate me as I imitate Christ." So within my old fart limitations, I will do what I can.