Attacked and Left for Dead at a Dominican Republic All-Inclusive Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigbird

Best thing is to tell everyone to Avoid Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana - because that guy is apparently still there and this won't be his last attack. Only next time he may actually kill his victim.

Not many countries where this would not be pursued...but here he gets to walk and rape again.

I don't think anyone on this board knows much about this case but doesn't it seem odd as you say this is not being pursued?

I can think of several recent crimes where the DR got their man........... Dutchman case, home invasion, missing NYC couple, tourist walking the malecon, anyone think of more. Just seems to me if the PN has sufficient evidence they follow up.

J

jd426

I don't think the amateur sleuths here are in a position to comment on such a serious story.

Some of us run these Stories past RETIRED NYC DETECTIVES before we post our " amateur sleuth comments "...

Serious ? .. oh most definitely
who said its not serious

The "lack of Evidence" however in this case is STUNNING.. absolutely off the charts stunning

M

monfongo

Seven or eight yrs. ago a good friend of mine was hog tied and beaten to death in his apt. the police came, they didn't take finger prints, didn't ask questions, didn't even rope the place off. People were walking around the apartment a couple hours later and i know at least four or five other people who were killed here and nobody was held accountable.

B

bigbird

I really think some of you have no idea how the Dominican police work. Rape kit, DNA, forensics - this is the DR not the USA, UK, Canada wherever. When I was attacked four months ago the police (and there were three police forces involved and it was in the press) did zero, zilch, nada forensic work. When I arrived at the hospital, no one bagged my clothes, no one checked under my fingernails, no rape kit was done (they didn't even ask if I had been raped - luckily I wasn't), no photographs taken, nothing. When the police came to my house, on several occasions, no fingerprints were taken from anywhere, no search of the property or search of his escape route. Not one single part of forensic evidence was taken. I cannot see how anyone would doubt this lady's story. Shame on some of you.

Matilda

When did things change? I can't find your thread but I thought initially you were pleased and confident the PN were doing a great job with the initial investigation. I maybe wrong and as I said I can't find the thread to verify.

K

KyleMackey

It smells of unbelievability. Attacked on a property which has cameras every 20 feet. Allegedly assaulted by an employee of the property.... bogus. I believe she got assaulted, it probably happened by Juan the local six pack ab sanky with thick black hair, off the property and she limped home afraid to tell her husband she was out partying all night with MR Stud and had an alcohol infused argument over money.

She was with her Husband and another couple. She actually went back to the room with her husband. She tried room service for food, but the resort had stopped room service by that time. So she decided to go a snack bar that was open. She was attacked on the way. Her Husband and the other couple went looking for her and went to the front desk 3 times to get the resort employees to help find her. There have been multiple legit rapes at Jamaican resorts. Similar scenarios women dragged into maintenance rooms.

C

Caonabo

Anyone who has lived in the DR for any length of time knows that they don't spend a lot of time investigating crimes committed against foreigners, on the other hand if it's a Dominican of any importance they solve it in one day.

This statement holds no water. Absolutely ridiculous, yes..."anyone who has lived in the DR for any length of time knows." Actually, it is quite the opposite.

C

Caonabo

Why were no other parties interviewed for this report? Poor journalism.

C

cobraboy

When did things change? I can't find your thread but I thought initially you were pleased and confident the PN were doing a great job with the initial investigation. I maybe wrong and as I said I can't find the thread to verify.
The advantage in the DR is the investigators are not restrained from using certain...techniques. If you know what I mean.

There are few secrets here, and the investigators use that to their advantage. Somebody is gonna talk and the investigators will catch the perp.

CSI-Dominicana is guys in grey unis with blunt clubs, not geeks with test tubes, microscpoes, and fiber ID.

M

Matilda

I was pleased that three police forces were involved. I was pleased the Head of the North West police came. I was pleased the fiscal came to my house to interview me. I was pleased I was examined by the medical examiner. I was pleased the police took it seriously. I was amazed there was zero forensic work carried not - but not surprised. In many of the solved cases in the country, there were witnesses, whether it be the victim or others. The way the police work here, they listen to the witnesses re description of the perp, round up anyone who looks vaguely like it, give the victims or witnesses photos to look at and if the perp is identified, end of story. Other evidence, if found, confirms their guilt. When there are no witnesses, the police tend to be lost.

Matilda

C

Caonabo

And not one slip of the tongue by one employee following the "attack"? Not one employee who works in this complex returned home and spoke to their family, neighbors, or persons in the colmado? How about fellow hotel employees who travel on their shuttle buses together? We all know there are no secrets in the RD, and information usually flows across the country quicker than it occurs. The proverbial grapevine, especially in this age of social networking. This is a historic reality. Yet, not one word said in four months? I am not denying that something happened to this poor woman, but I have to agree with several other posters that something within the context of this story is missing. Something more than just the face of the alleged attacker.

C

Caonabo

And not one slip of the tongue by one other vacationer staying at the hotel when the victim was discovered? Would this not have been highly spoke about by other vacationers on the resort property? It is a little difficult to keep a situation as such a secret.

C

Caonabo

I was pleased that three police forces were involved. I was pleased the Head of the North West police came. I was pleased the fiscal came to my house to interview me. I was pleased I was examined by the medical examiner. I was pleased the police took it seriously. I was amazed there was zero forensic work carried not - but not surprised. In many of the solved cases in the country, there were witnesses, whether it be the victim or others. The way the police work here, they listen to the witnesses re description of the perp, round up anyone who looks vaguely like it, give the victims or witnesses photos to look at and if the perp is identified, end of story. Other evidence, if found, confirms their guilt. When there are no witnesses, the police tend to be lost.

Matilda

Were your attackers eventually apprehended?

K

KyleMackey

And not one slip of the tongue by one employee following the "attack"? Not one employee who works in this complex returned home and spoke to their family, neighbors, or persons in the colmado? How about fellow hotel employees who travel on their shuttle buses together? We all know there are no secrets in the RD, and information usually flows across the country quicker than it occurs. The proverbial grapevine, especially in this age of social networking. This is a historic reality. Yet, not one word said in four months? I am not denying that something happened to this poor woman, but I have to agree with several other posters that something within the context of this story is missing. Something more than just the face of the alleged attacker.

Why would you assume that the employees have not talked about this, gossiped about it?

C

cavok

Maybe I missed it, but strange this wasn't reported in the news when it happened.

J

jd426

How would the media, in the DR, be aware that the attack occurred?

So a Guest at an AI resort , where one is supposed to feel SAFE, is beaten by an Employee no less, not even a guest , and left for dead, and this is not " News" in the DR ?

sounds like a much bigger problem then..
This story is so Brutal , if true , it should have been brought to the attention of the Minister of Tourism for that Region, if not Higher ..
but , again ,, lack of evidence

C

Caonabo

Why would you assume that the employees have not talked about this, gossiped about it?

Has anybody within the entire country heard one iota of it? Many posters within this very web forum live in, visit, and recreate within this area. There was no word on the local golf courses either.

C

Caonabo

I also believe that this monthly tabloid financially compensates the subjects of it's human interest stories. Most legitimate news sources do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.