Attacker Shot Dead

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Sorry but this is slightly off topic, but why do most of the liberal journals start with, I, for one. Just seems arrogant and elitist to me...sorry.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Sorry but this is slightly off topic, but why do most of the liberal journals start with, I, for one. Just seems arrogant and elitist to me...sorry.

Just redundancy, the same as saying " in my own opinion" . Forgive them Matt for they know not what they do.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
If someone is using a gun to protect themselves against a thief who gives a hoot if the gun is legal or not? Gun laws are created to keep honest peasants helpless. Poor people cant afford the fees and insane prices of a gun in the DR so they have crappy old guns.
People get all het up when a guy shoots a bad guy if the gun doesnt have a pedigree. Nobody ever asks if the ladrone had a legal gun or a legal machete or a legal brick.

Will a legal gun not work for a criminal? Save the smart gun bs. Those things are only made so they can be tracked.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Insanelyone,
No one is suggesting that everyone should be running around with pistols in their pocket but nice straw man. No one is romanticizing the wild west. You are showing your bias and that is obvious.. I read a quote once and I paraphrase...A liberal is a person who does not believe in god or guns but if someone is breaking into their house they call 911 to get someone to get come fast and have a gun and then pray to god they get there in time.

And you have shown your bias in projecting onto me traits and beliefs that I don't hold. Read the entire thread. You might actually learn something instead of just injecting silly knee-jerk bull****.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Sorry. Just quoting what you posted. Yes that is my bias based on study and very personal experience. I have been shot at and I have also run to the sound of gunfire when many others were running away. Have you! btw this was in the last decade during caribana in Toronto. 2 years 2 shootings one of them 10m from me. Can you describe and relate your personal experience .I do not denigrate you but I also do not agree with your opinions.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I just re read this posting and came to the conclusion that Canadians apologise way too much. sorry

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Member of the Family

In many European countries it is very difficult, if not impossible to get a gun license.
With a functioning police force and low violent death rates (in Germany/Italy/Spain/Austria/Switzerland about 35 times lower than in the DR) you do not really need a gun. :classic:

Here I felt I needed one.
You see, the moment you need to use it, it is too late to buy one. ;)

That is why our Remington Marine 12 gauge (stainless) is a member of the family.... :bunny:

donP

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I'm sure you'd all be singing a different tune if this "Dirty Harry" had bad aim and killed an innocent bystander.

I, for one, do not find the idea of everyone running around with pistols in their pocket to be a good thing. You can romanticize the Wild West all you want but I think it's misguided.

You know in all the excitement I can't remember if I shot 4 bullets or 5. Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya? I don't own a gun or would I ever but shooting on of these scumbags every once in a while might just make these punks think twice about their actions.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You know in all the excitement I can't remember if I shot 4 bullets or 5. Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya? I don't own a gun or would I ever but shooting on of these scumbags every once in a while might just make these punks think twice about their actions.

At least that particular punk with a fatal shot.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"It's MUCH BETTER To Have a Gun And Not Need One, Than To Need A Gun, And Not Have One"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT's why I HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
But not legal and so be careful if you ever do need to use it. Make sure you bury him good, or just throw him over your back fence to the lions.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
As some know I am a retired Canadian large city investigator and have seen all aspects of gun violence. Other than my issued weapon I have never owned a gun. I have kept an open mind and read many statistical data on gun ownership and married that with my personal experiences. This has led me to conclude that in towns where the citizens can carry firearms the violent crime is significantly reduced. This goes against the narrative but it is true and when I have computer savvy enough I will attempt to post the longest and most peer reviewed study by an economist on the issue. His name is John Lott. Several attempts to discredit him failed miserably. His data and lack of an agenda in his book is compelling.

Is this the book?

More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws (Studies in Law and Economics)

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
And you have shown your bias in projecting onto me traits and beliefs that I don't hold. Read the entire thread. You might actually learn something instead of just injecting silly knee-jerk bull****.

Another bleeding heart liberal; please go back to chapel hill,North Carolina with the rest of the tree huggers.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I love the news reports of 80 year old "Grandmothers" who kill thieves in their homes with a shotgun!!!!!!!!
Makes thieves stop & think a little!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC