Auto Repair Rip Off

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Mechanics, lawyers and politicians are the biggest ladrones Dominicans often say. Sorry that this happened to you, next time you have no other choice then to go to an unknown mechanic, try to stay close to him and watch all his moves, it'll deter him from stealing anything or taking shortcuts while repairing the car.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Good Morning, For those who live in the Santiago/Cibao area I have had excellent experiences with NEVESA located on the Autopista across from the new la Sirena. The head mechanic Frank speaks perfect English, explains all planned repairs with options in detail, and this last time came in way under the estimate. Not since the good old days with the Hun have I felt as confident about getting my car fixed.
We know the owners, good people.

They also own the Jarabacoa River Club...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Mechanics, lawyers and politicians are the biggest ladrones Dominicans often say. Sorry that this happened to you, next time you have no other choice then to go to an unknown mechanic, try to stay close to him and watch all his moves, it'll deter him from stealing anything or taking shortcuts while repairing the car.
Fully agree. We munched on sanwiches while he did his deed. Pretty ballsy, only 15 feet away.

Fortunately, our Mechanic in Santiago is top notch and honest as they come.

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
I have had a gomero business for 10 years or so, just nearby CB was ripped off, and I must say that many (not all) mecanicos and gomeros consider that ripping off the clients and/or the boss is plain part of their business. You're just the sucker if you've got ripped off, and that's it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Matilda", when they need "Bullets", they just kill a policeman, or a military man!
It's faster, and easier than stealing a "CC", and they get a Gun at the same time!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC