Aventura - RD$1 million

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Lesley,

I wasn't at the show, and I don't think that I will ever be present at a bachata concert, but what exactly was done there?

And if there was nudity, which of us in not naked under their clothes?

And if there was sex, which of us was not conceived by similar behavior?

And if there was bachata, who dances to bachata if not in the hopes of seducing someone?

Where is the moral breakdown here?

I don't think there is any moral issue at all here, I don't think anyone actually involved in the situation has any moral issues for or against what was done.

They were fined because someone wanted the money and found an easy target. They paid because they would rather sell out than stand up for their rights or anyone else's. and apoligized to boot because they hoped their public would forgive them and perhaps help protect them against excessive pesecution.

I hope they enjoy being loser sellouts because that's what they are now.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Mr Mike,

I happen to know about this Aventura incident because I saw it on the news so I can't give details either but from the news clip (before they cut it off) the lead singer clearly was undressing himself.

Just to put some finality to this discussion on my part I think there is an issue but to what extent others feel it was appropriate or not is their choice. However, in my opinion if complete nudity and sexual acts were performed on stage at a bachata concert I personally have an issue with that. What this means and where it will lead to in terms of future performances of this band in other countries remains to be seen. I like bachata but never had high regard for Aventura as a group anyway so where they end up is of no concern of mine.

-Lesley D-

MrMike said:
Lesley,

I wasn't at the show, and I don't think that I will ever be present at a bachata concert, but what exactly was done there?

And if there was nudity, which of us in not naked under their clothes?

And if there was sex, which of us was not conceived by similar behavior?

And if there was bachata, who dances to bachata if not in the hopes of seducing someone?

Where is the moral breakdown here?

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Back on topic, Aventura, Milly Quezada and Los Toros Band played this afternoon in Orlando, FL. It was and Independence Day Celebration concert.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Lesley D said:
Mr Mike,

I happen to know about this Aventura incident because I saw it on the news so I can't give details either but from the news clip (before they cut it off) the lead singer clearly was undressing himself.

Just to put some finality to this discussion on my part I think there is an issue but to what extent others feel it was appropriate or not is their choice. However, in my opinion if complete nudity and sexual acts were performed on stage at a bachata concert I personally have an issue with that. What this means and where it will lead to in terms of future performances of this band in other countries remains to be seen. I like bachata but never had high regard for Aventura as a group anyway so where they end up is of no concern of mine.

-Lesley D-

I have a hard time believeing there was "complete nudity and sex acts being performed" if so then I can clearly understand people feeling they went too far.

Surely some bootleg photos and/or footage will be circulating in office emails this morning, so we'll see.