Azb In Ny!!!

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Talldrink said:
Forbeca, how was the other place?

El Gran Rancho Jubilee is a cute place, but it's not my cup of tea. I much prefer DR-K. The food was good, but the dance floor was horrendous. My husband and I did not dare practice our bachata skills on that floor. It was not smooth, cement, for crying outloud, how weird is that? The other place is classier. I would rather stay in the city, of course it's not a big deal to me, I go with the flow, majority rules.

Last edited:

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
I enjoyed myself with the group at Jubilee but have heard good things about DRK, too. Let me when a date/location is chosen as I would like to come again. July is wide open.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
I've heard Umbrella Lounge is also nice...nice crowd..chic 80-90's, chill music, very well varied. It has been often used for a lot of the more upscale community events.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
deelt said:
I've heard Umbrella Lounge is also nice...nice crowd..chic 80-90's, chill music, very well varied. It has been often used for a lot of the more upscale community events.

I have been to Umbrella and like it - it is more upscale and people dress up. The ambience is great but the only thing keeping it from being 1 of my favorite places is that they play absolutely no bachata. I was actually there on Friday and saw Ruby Perez.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Unless things have changed, DR-K doesn't play bachata either. We were there last year and not one was played.

Chris_NJ said:
I have been to Umbrella and like it - it is more upscale and people dress up. The ambience is great but the only thing keeping it from being 1 of my favorite places is that they play absolutely no bachata. I was actually there on Friday and saw Ruby Perez.

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Ok, it seems you guys really enjoyed DRK, so I will just pick the date.

July 16 @ 7:00 PM
Please add youre name to the list

Bugsey
Lina
Betty
Badpiece
Forbeca
Miguel
Chris NJ

Alguien Mas??

Lina

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Please add me to the list Lina. I am glad you are holding it at DRK. I like that place. You and Bugs are not allowed to leave early again this time. We are going to hang out for a while upstairs in the club and have some drinks this time.
Larry

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Larry said:
Please add me to the list Lina. I am glad you are holding it at DRK. I like that place. You and Bugs are not allowed to leave early again this time. We are going to hang out for a while upstairs in the club and have some drinks this time.
Larry

Bugsey
Lina
Betty
Badpiece
Forbeca
Miguel
Chris NJ
Larry (sorry buddy)

Ok Larry but you know the rule my bus stops running after 1:00 AM. Any volunteers willing to give me a ride to the Ferry?

Bugsey should I ask Badpiece? hee hee

Lina

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
linamia said:
Bugsey
Lina
Betty
Badpiece
Forbeca
Miguel
Chris NJ
Larry (sorry buddy)

Ok Larry but you know the rule my bus stops running after 1:00 AM. Any volunteers willing to give me a ride to the Ferry?

Bugsey should I ask Badpiece? hee hee

Lina

You can add me to that list! :-D I'll definitely go.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
badpiece33 said:
Well I'm your chauffer Lina as long as I am Betty's Sankie and she lets me drive you and Bugsey home. I swear I will stop at most of the lights 95% anyway :(
Badpiece

I am sure you made a better Chauffer than I did Badpiece. When I drove them home, I took the scenic route and Lina missed her bus.

Larry

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
I will just have returned from a two week trip to Italy right before this date, so I will mark it on the calendar, but I don't know what state I'll be in! Going back to DRK with the old crowd would be fun... Badpiece should definitely come. Where's Zeus!!??

Betty1

Nov 22, 2003
Dios Mio, Patrick sacame el guante, at the rate you are pushing I'll catch up with Nathan in no time. :)

badpiece33 said:
I suggest that noone goes until Betty makes it to 20 posts!!!! Lets put a little pressure on that Lurker. 20 posts Betty or the party is off and its all your fault. ;)
Badpiece

Betty1

Nov 22, 2003
Escott said:
Dios mio, I make a much better sankie that the Odder guy.

I'm sure you would Escott, but since you are already taken by Bugsey and Lina I'll keep Badpiece at least until a better offer comes along. Don't like sharing my toys with friends ;)

Betty

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Zeus,

Bugsey34, Zeus is too asshamed.. Won't show up for a while... Besides I'll be in DR. Leaving July 2, on Jetblue.. Good business for Master Robert and the Jetblue Ad. account.

Adios,

Zeus (primus inter pares)