Bachata Concert-Raulin Rodriguez-Montreal, QC

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Raulin concert pics

Here are a few pics I took at the 2004 concert at the Sosua carwash to whet your appetites:

96456b1a.jpg

here he is during a break

0ed2a7a5.jpg

For those who where there; I will not post any pics of the Swiss Elvis imitator who performed during the break :)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
thanks talldrink!!

if you do find anything out...especialy about raulin in this area...Puh-LEASE PM me as sometimes i dont check all the threads.

thanks a mil!

and of course les...you must ask someone there at the concert (cant you get into his dressing room and find out?)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Gracias-

MerengueDutchie-

Those are nice pics and quite close range too. Especially the second one (I am also glad you sized the pictures to fit perfectly in the thread. Thanks:) )

Jrzyguy-

The Ay Ombe video is nice. Typical Raulin, beautiful voice, humble, serene composure. Absolutely admirable!

Okay this thread has been the perfect boost to an upcoming event. As Music said let's keep our fingers crossed that the show takes place. Montrealers and Torontonians have waited a long time for this. At least I know I have.

Saludos

-LDG.

Last edited:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
jrzyguy said:
...This kid looks like his about 12...but dang...he is GOOD...lousy vid and not good sound...but dang...how does someone so young sing with so much passion?

Jrzguy - As I mentioned in another thread Fernandito Villalona recorded his first record at 12. You must hear this if you havent yet, no wonder he has been called El Mayimber forever!

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Reminder- Raulin concert this Friday/ Saturday....

This is just a friendly reminder and also a post for those who may not know.

The Raulin Rodriguez concert is this Friday, June 16, 2006 in Toronto and this coming Saturday, June 17, 2006 in Montreal.

Torontohispano.com finally posted the concert info. Here are the details:

Raulin in Toronto

-LDG.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Thanks I'm going and look forward to it!!! :)

Lesley D said:
This is just a friendly reminder and also a post for those who may not know.

The Raulin Rodriguez concert is this Friday, June 16, 2006 in Toronto and this coming Saturday, June 17, 2006 in Montreal.

Torontohispano.com finally posted the concert info. Here are the details:

Raulin in Toronto

-LDG.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
A sportsmanship bet-

I'm not sure how much you all know about Raulin's career, his humble origins, his first album etc. but Raulin is definitely a bachatero that is admirable in so many ways IMO. Not only for his songs but just for the way how he carries himself. His composure compliments his musical ability. His stage presence I'm sure will exemplify this as well.

Anyway to add some intrigue to the upcoming show in my circle of friends we like to have a sportsmanship bet as to what the opening song will be. Now this is a challenge knowing that Raulin has 11 albums and many #1 hits therefore many songs can easily be the people's choice.

-What do you think Raulin's opening song will be in Toronto or Montreal? You can name up to three choices. I will add mine by Friday. Now I have go down memory lane and think what the opening song could possibly be.

Looking forward to reading your picks.

-LDG.

-Jrzyguy just be happy for your neighbors to the North.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
hmmm...i would think that he would start off with something from the new cd.

This is sort of interesting to me...as i have been trying to come up with a compilation cd for a friend of mine...and it is so difficult coming up with a song order.

I say he starts off with the first cut on his new CD "a donde ire sin ti".

perhaps another question should be...what song he closes with...or does for encores etc.

Les-- i am TRYING to be happy for ya'll...just hoping he shows up here:) Remember that vial of blood for me lol!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Well jrzyguy, we never get anyone good coming here in TO. I've been waiting for a long time for some of my favourite bachata artists to come to TO! :) So I'm going to rub it in lol just kidding :)

jrzyguy said:
yeah yeah yeah...ya'll just keep on rubbing it in! :-(

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Deelt-

My friend I hear you totally. An event like this together would be amazing in either city because both Toronto & Montreal in the summer are fun cities to be in especially for anything Latin.

The countdown is on now and I am 95% sure I will go to both shows. I just have to work out a few logistics but by going to both shows it will keep the peace on both sides.

Now all Raulin has to do is show up!

You will hear about it as well I will add my add selected picks for a possible opening song by tomorrow. Raulin has so many nice bachatas to pick one over the other would be unacceptable.

-LDG.

Last edited:

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Do you think he will come out at 12 midnight or 1 pm to perform for one hour & 1/2 hour and that's it.

Do we really need to get there early?

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Gonzaga-

Judging by previous bachata and merengue performances that I have been to in Montreal and Toronto the performance usually begins around 11-11:30PM. Then with a break and a second round after 1AM. Minimum two live rounds. In Montreal the show usually gets started around midnight but in TO I don't recall it being that late.

Early?- Depends what you call early.

-LDG.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
My picks-

Well, I must confess after a day or so of thinking of what the possible opening song would be I out challenged myself simply due to the fact that Raulin has too many good bachatas that can easily be the "first" song. However, not wanting to not guess at all I narrowed it down to a possible song from his last three albums: Si no te tengo, Piel sin alma and A dónde iré sin ti. I don't think he will open with an old song that was a hit like Medicina de amor or La loca. As well, he may open with a different song in each city.

My picks:

1) Ay ombe (from Si no te tengo)
2) Tu primer beso (from Piel sin alma)
3) A dónde iré sin ti (from A dónde iré sin ti).

Jrzyguy-

You mentioned that you are making a cd for a friend. I always enjoy preparing a selection of songs for someone because it's very personal and you can choose your "own" greatest hits. You said you were having difficulty deciding what to choose and the order. How about from old to new?

Once again I think it's because Raulin has so many great songs but here are some suggestions. If I were to make my own greatest hits cd here are guaranteed bachatas from Raulin that would be on it (excluding his most recent album):

1) Medicina de amor
2) Nereyda
3) María Luisa
4) Que vuelva
5) Me la pusieron difícil
6) Su novio primero
7) El amor da vida
8) Dame corazón
9) Soledad
10) La loca
11) Ingrata mujer
12) Corazón, corazón
13) Que me la devuelva
14) Sin fortuna
15) Me pregunto por qué
16) Si yo pudiera
17) Ay ombe
18) Es mejor
19) Quiéreme
20) Tu primer beso

Have Fun!

-LDG.

Last edited:

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
We are not going to be able to make the concert, so if anyone takes pictures, please post them ( so we can see some of what we missed)