Ban on fireworks sale?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
We Went To My Wife's "Barrio" (Simon Bolivar) for "Newyears"

one year. It was before we were married,so we had no children. I KNOW, what a unique concept for the DR!!!
Anyway,the "Incoming" started well before midnight,and the alcohol abuse had been going on since about 15 December!
A huge "Bomb" exploded beneath a van parked in front of her house.
A "Dumbinican" said; What if the Van has a leak in the gas tank??"
I told them,"Not to worry.It Doesn't!"
"How can you be so sure?" he asked
I told them that if it DID have a leak we would all be dead ,or at least badly burned by now!!

They all laughed,continued drinking,dancing,and throwing "Bombs" around the street!
Cris ColonCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Those were not fireworks but "terrorworks", the kind of things that I don't condone at all being sold in stalls everywhere...

Instead of the Police going after all fireworks, they should ban the use of those who served no other purpose than to obliterate anything it comes close to.

Like I said: No harm done by a vela romana or sparkler among others...

Nuff said!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
We Just Have Two Opposing "Puntos De Vista"!!!

Just happens that my "PUNTO" is right,and you have no "VISTA"!:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:;)
Maybe I WILL like you,"SOMEDAY"! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

headnerd

Dec 28, 2006
Hey - the big question is "where can I buy them legally?" I haven't seen any of the roadside stands.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
They are "BANNED" this year! That is what this Thread is all about!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

There's got to be a market out there. Those little brats on most streets in Sosua are "banging" away every evening.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
EDDY, As You Know VERY Well....

There is "BANNED",as we know it in the "Civilized World",and "Banned" as we know it in the DR! :cheeky:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Fireworks for sale

I think I saw a Jupiter shop on Enriquillo (sp?) near privado. I am going to go by there tomorrow, so I can give you a more precise location then.

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Buying Fireworks

The Jupiter fireworks store is on Betancourt and Dr. Defillo in Santo Domingo. I was there yesterday, but it was closed, so I hope it is reopening and not shut down...If anyone knows of other places to buy fireworks, please post.