Bat repellent devices

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
In North America night scented phlox, no idea if they might be in RD. Easily grown from seed and do well in pots if you can get hold of seeds.

Yes. And moonflowers. The reverse of morning glories. I had good luck with them in my terrace garden when I managed the hotel. I bet night-blooming jasmine (I can't STAND the smell) works. And there are indigenous cacti that also serve.

But I would say, if you are a North American, bring in/buy in (Amazon) moonflower seeds. They are not invasive.

I also can't believe that as a former employee of the NY Botanical Garden(a fundraiser, not a botanist)that I just said that. But I did.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
and the phlox. So keep them in pots, to respect indigenous species. Moonflowers as well, supongo.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have determined their roosting/sleeping area so will buy some pet repellent spray to get them to temporarily leave then fill the area in with the expandandable foam then seal it. I will look into plants.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Please provide them with alternate roosts away from the school before you do this, and do it at night time when they will be out of their current roost. Bat houses are easy to make, rougher the lumber the better.

We had bats in our cottage's attic. Fascinating to watch them come swooping past the dining room window just at dusk every night. Then about 5 years ago they disappeared and have never come back.:disappoin