Beaches are closed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I won't be surprised if the curfew starts at 7 pm Monday-Friday and 2 pm on Saturday and Sunday

I believe the government intends be tough this time.

And I don't think there is any reason to hope that the beaches will stay open.
Does it make any sense then to let tourists travel here ? This is so confusing

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm sure the ones the government is most interested in are the tourists coming for the hotels, not the ones coming for sex with prostitutes over a long weekend

I am also sure this has all been worked out with input from the hotel association.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm sure the ones the government is most interested in are the tourists coming for the hotels, not the ones coming for sex with prostitutes over a long weekend

I am also sure this has all been worked out with input from the hotel association.
I agree. I’m thinking the beaches at AIs will be open to guests, otherwise no one would come at all

Nice to see you posting again Ken.

Reactions: CristoRey

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015

Maybe not all tourists stay at hotels. Maybe they stay at Airbnb listings which are hurt more by these actions than the hotels

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This whole discussion has been about tourists and which will be let in

'Free Range' tourists are questionable

AI 'resort' tourists are welcome

Nothing definitive from the Gov't yet..... but they have intimated as much

Controlled entry - is a good term.... managed tourism

Reactions: Billp16

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I agree. I’m thinking the beaches at AIs will be open to guests, otherwise no one would come at all

Nice to see you posting again Ken.
I think that s why local governments like Puerto Plata are closing beaches since not many AI here...

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Wearing of the masks is the funniest and the stupidest thing ever :LOL:. If your underwear and you pants can't stop a fart from getting thru how is the mask gonna stop the virus you can only see under the microscope? 😁 It's nothing but a "we don't know what to do so let's pretend we're doing something" thing. Stupid.

well in this analogy, think wet fart.
a face mask is to catch and slow down moisture droplets when you speak/cough/sneeze...not your bad breathe :)

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
One other thing Comrade Caonado,,, I am entitled, so I dont walk to the colmado. I only drive my car to the supermarket. If I want to walk, its on a beach where the exercise and sun will benefit my health..

Since you are an active party member,,,You might take your Lada to the colmado...
Lada_Riva_1981-e1542199690448.jpg
Very sturdy and reliable car, well proven in the third world conditions. I was driving it in Cuba a lot and more then once have helped on the road those touristy korean imports.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I personally, could care less where you are from.
Just noting that if you are not an RD citizen, you are not entitled to anything within this country.
Residents have the same rights as citizens minus being able to vote and take part in elections.

Perhaps we will learn more today about the new State of Emergency. Which will accomplish practically nothing.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

The government and DR people make more money from the non AI tourists though

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
i'm sure i can find an open beach on the enduro, but just in case, how many peso's should i carry to bribe my way out?

Status
Not open for further replies.