Belgian Bakery (Cabarete) owner jailed on drug charges?

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
Whatever happens we must remember that they put a lot of work into starting the bakery which is tops and they also employ quite a lot of local people. We will all be losers if they have unfortunately been implicated or are involved in drugs. No one is above the law and the last thing you ever want to get into is drugs, my only drug is life and a beer from time to time. Anyone thinking that they are above the law are very much mistaken and as far as I am concerned with this is, you are innocent until proven guilty.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
For what its worth, and one cannot completely trust the media of course, i read the man was hiding in the closet when the police came. Does that sound like someone who is innocent?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Two Systems

No one is above the law ....

Certainly not in the Dominican Republic.
A good percentage of her population lives without any law, lawlessly so to speak.

But in the case of a 'gringo' all laws are remembered and applied.... usually not to the welfare of the foreigner.

donP

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Less than 400 euro worth of coke is gonna cost this guy his freedom and a lot of cake. Hope this is all a mistake but i doubt it. Maybe if he had a fish tank bar and topless dancers he could afford to pay off the powers to be to peddle his wares.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
For what its worth, and one cannot completely trust the media of course, i read the man was hiding in the closet when the police came. Does that sound like someone who is innocent?

I could swear these reporters and editors are from different planets and possibly editing in DR means cutting up stories, rather than newpapers. Most of the news we read is really messy and I can only put it down to chinese whisper second hand style reporting and a drunken editor who works at random with a highlighter and blindfold.
I put the story down to the security box was in the closet where they found everything. Would make more sense.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I could swear these reporters and editors are from different planets and possibly editing in DR means cutting up stories, rather than newpapers. Most of the news we read is really messy and I can only put it down to chinese whisper second hand style reporting and a drunken editor who works at random with a highlighter and blindfold.
I put the story down to the security box was in the closet where they found everything. Would make more sense.

I agree, its difficult to discern what the articles are saying. Its impossible to know how much of the story is true. Sometimes these stories bring out posters that have personal knowledge. In most cases, we are only left to speculate...

dom

Jun 1, 2011
does anyone know whats the status of the guy, has he been released ?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Last I heard, yesterday, was that he is still in jail, the bakery is still producing its line of products and nobody knows anything,

The baked goods that I have received recently are still First World excellent. If there was a way to fly there every day, I think I would...but after three months or so I would weigh more than the aircraft!! Talk about heavier than air.!!!!

LOL...

HB

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I think HB is right, he is still in jail. I used to see him at least once a week in Playero or riding his Harley. Nobody I talk to knows anything more about what is going on.