Belgian bakery now open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Pretty silly post papi. The rest of the people in the world eat bread and dessert too.

not to mention the fact that just because DIRECT flights have ended, that no Belgians will ever visit POP again.... ever hear of "CONNECTING FLIGHTS"??? If I had to rely on direct flights from Pittsburgh, the world would suddenly become very small.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am going there tomorrow. boy oh boy! do they take credit cards? coz i think i may go a bit nuts there :)

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
We called in there the other day and the 'goodies' were superb :), had to leave the cappuccino in the sun for a while to 'warm up' though as it was only just luke warm :(

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
dv8
I think healing could take a while ,so be prepared to go there often, sorry
lol
Manu

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have my doctor's prescription, you know, chocolate profiterole every four hours.

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
Sure you didn't forget to drink you coffee because you were digging in the sweet goodies? :)

What? it only took me 16.2 seconds to eat... not that I enjoy those kind of things very much :laugh:
If they keep it up I think they will be around for quite a while.

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
not to mention the fact that just because DIRECT flights have ended, that no Belgians will ever visit POP again.... ever hear of "CONNECTING FLIGHTS"??? If I had to rely on direct flights from Pittsburgh, the world would suddenly become very small.

Hey, listen, you really think that a lot of Belgians will take two or three diffrent flights just to get to POP? If they (single men) have a girl there, yes, if not, no.... Other destinations have much more to offer than North DR. They go to Punta Cana.....That's a direct flight, beautiful playas and cheaper or they ll go to other places...That's just the way it is.

Last edited:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Hey, listen, you really think that a lot of Belgians will take two or three diffrent flights just to get to POP? If they (single men) have a girl there, yes, if not, no.... Other destinations have much more to offer than North DR. They go to Punta Cana.....That's a direct flight, beautiful playas and cheaper or they ll go to other places...That's just the way it is.

The Belgian bakery serves any Nationality so doesn't matter really if there are no direct flights any more in the future to POP from Belgium. That's the way they see it.
I wish them all the success for the future.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If anybody is coming to Santiago and can bring me a few real French baguettes i would be much obliged. :)

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Acira,
I know you are passionate about all things Belgium but I really hope the Belgium Bakery has done its homework. Most of the months of this year only 200 to 300 Belgiunese (that could be wolooons but I am not sure) came here. And if you are relying on the French then thay have dropped from over 1000 in April to around 150 in June so perhaps the market is not there in Cabarete.
I personally prefer Dick's Bakery to most other and their breakfasts are soooo good.

I wish the Begium Bakery every success but I think that market forces may be against them.

OLLY

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Acira,
I know you are passionate about all things Belgium but I really hope the Belgium Bakery has done its homework. Most of the months of this year only 200 to 300 Belgiunese (that could be wolooons but I am not sure) came here. And if you are relying on the French then thay have dropped from over 1000 in April to around 150 in June so perhaps the market is not there in Cabarete.
I personally prefer Dick's Bakery to most other and their breakfasts are soooo good.

I wish the Begium Bakery every success but I think that market forces may be against them.

OLLY

I like Dick's and will continue to buy certain items there, and I do prefer a whole number of goods of the Belgian bakery. So what is the problem?

Dick's is not depending on German customers, and the Belgian one is not depending on Belgian vacationers. They are both depending on customers who live here and have good tastebuds... simple as that.

I do hope and suspect the occasional tourist, allowed to escape his AI resort, is capable of missing the home bakeries, and is willing to sample some of the local delicacies.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Belgiank and Acira - you are both still together ?
The problem is the market place - it is great to have competion but you seem so say that this is the bread beyond bread - it is not - it is just another comercial operation you are fronting !

I have an opinion and you have yours - and I have no commercial or ethnic interest -I am not belgium - in this

Bye

Olly

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
Me, i am just saying they lose potential die hard fans coming from Belgium. It's just like Germans like to go to a German bar abroad. Ofcourse other nationalities go there, i go there too sometimes and i am not German but it's a fact that the majority are Germans spending money there. Anyway, i wish the Belgian Bakery the best of luck.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Why travel halfway around the world, on vacation, as a Belgian, to visit a Belgian bakery?? Well I have English, dutch, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, German..... friends that love the Belgian bakery. Any Americans that goes to DR to visit Mc Donalds? I really hope the bakery do well.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Belgiank and Acira - you are both still together ?
The problem is the market place - it is great to have competion but you seem so say that this is the bread beyond bread - it is not - it is just another comercial operation you are fronting !

I have an opinion and you have yours - and I have no commercial or ethnic interest -I am not belgium - in this

Bye

Olly

Olly, everybody is entitled to his opinion. What you do not seem to understand that this is a good commercial operation from these - by 'accident' - Belgians and yes of course being Belgian I gave it a bit more of my attention.
But the same goes for me for f.e. Gordito's which is a great success and why?
Because as well as the bakery as Gordito's bring something different to Cabarete. I think we can say that there are enough restaurants/ breakfast bars etc.. who just gave all the same things.
Being different can be difficult but if run well and both doing well and with a vision to the future which they both have, they have all the chance to succeed.
Have you seen how full Yamazoto sometimes is? Japanese with high quality standard so no cheap but they run a very good business.

If a real good Italian or Indian or Indonesian restaurant opens his doors in Cabarete, you will hear me hear the same praise songs.
Choice and diversity is always welcome and needed.

Yesterday evening we had picca pollo, tonight it will be the Thai.

Acira

Status
Not open for further replies.