Bella Vista in Santo Domingo

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Ouch, I think I would need to soundproof the rooms then. Imagine, I work from home so I can't have music blasting or people yelling too close. Or maybe get a house even if it's small.

This is DR. If you can't live with a permanent noise all around you, just don't move here. I live in a modern tower in one of the best areas in Naco, the area is nice, BUT... I can hear all the neigbors with all kind of noises they produce (heels, furniture moving, hammering walls/floor every day, loud TV, door slamming, chiahuahua barking, faulty a/c units humming noises.. loud parties on the balcony of another tower across the street, pool parties in another tower next to it.... some constructions in the area, etc...

WRM

Aug 9, 2015
This is DR. If you can't live with a permanent noise all around you, just don't move here. I live in a modern tower in one of the best areas in Naco, the area is nice, BUT... I can hear all the neigbors with all kind of noises they produce (heels, furniture moving, hammering walls/floor every day, loud TV, door slamming, chiahuahua barking, faulty a/c units humming noises.. loud parties on the balcony of another tower across the street, pool parties in another tower next to it.... some constructions in the area, etc...
Lol. Sounds exciting [emoji1] The funny thing is that I am Dominican, but have lived in the states for 23+ years. I forgot how my people are. We still wanna move though.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Lol. Sounds exciting [emoji1] The funny thing is that I am Dominican, but have lived in the states for 23+ years. I forgot how my people are. We still wanna move though.

Well, try to find the older building. Will be less noise from neighbors and from the street. Modern constructions (all those new white towers with floor?to?ceiling windows) that have white foam instead of blocks inside the walls, are less soundproof.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
This link is awesome. So many options at great prices..thank you man.

Investigate moving a bit farther away from the center of Bella Vista and the apartment blocks and you might find a quiet yet relatively safe suburb at lower prices. The nearer Mirador Sur park you get, the prices tend to rise on the north side.

I did that, moving to adjacent 30 de Mayo below Independencia just a few minutes drive from Bella Vista. I was surprised. My esposa suggested we look in the area and it is a quiet nice backwater with easy access to the supermarkets/banks on Independencia with ease of travel to all parts of the city and beyond. Yes I hear traffic on 30 de Mayo but it is quieter than Av. Sarasota. And the neighbors are quiet....except for their 'gallos'. Pleasing backwater find in a big noisy city. And third the rent with 24/7 luz and water.

WRM

Aug 9, 2015
Thank you. Ideally, I would like to be withing walking distance to Mirador Sur Park.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you are relocating with children, my recommendation would be to choose where you live depending on where you choose to send your children to school. As you may be aware, Santo Domingo is a city affected by big traffic jams, so you want to choose an area where you are relatively near your work but also the school for the children.