best and cheapest way to do 27 waterfalls

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Have a number of friends staying at the riu merengue and are looking at doing 27 waterfalls. Price resort gave was 100 Us/person. Anybody have a better and cheaper way? thanks tom

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
where are you located? do you have a car? would you need public transport to get to the place?

damajagua is just a short drive from POP, past imbert, past turn towards luperon. once you get to damajagua national park it's very cheap.
http://www.27charcos.com/index.php

do not go after heavy rainfall, the water will be deep, dark and freezing cold. the park has cheap water shoes, helmets and lifejackets available. bring your own goggles if you use contact lenses.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Once at the park, pay to walk all the way up. Do not take the short version. The longer version is well worth it. If you book the tour at the hotel, make sure it is the long version.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Once at the park, pay to walk all the way up. Do not take the short version. The longer version is well worth it. If you book the tour at the hotel, make sure it is the long version.

I agree, the guides will try to convince you to do the short one (12 falls), because then they can do more trips per day and collect more tips.

si225

Dec 26, 2012
How long does it take to do all 27? I have done up to 12 many times but always got lazy.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I would definitely go with a professional guide, at least the first time. Try IguanaMama in Cabarete. They do a really good job with all their tours and I believe they are quite a bit less than $100 p/p. I know they do trips from the cruiseport in Maimon, so I'm sure they would pick a group up from Riu.