Best Buy Is Advertising 32" LED For $220

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
While its nice to try and save the duty, what do you do with a 32" TV today. Seems to me to be more of a bedroom TV...but if that is what you want...so be it.

However, for those willing to pay some duty, you are hardpressed to find a better deal than Walmart.com right now. Vizio 47" 1080P wifi LED with netflix for $398.00 free shipping...in the US. That is an outstanding value.

For those who care, real TV deals come about three times a year....Black Friday, Superbowl week and Fathers day week.

Price it out in the DR...then do a cost benefit analysis as to shipping/duty.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

That's what I do ---- free ship to the mudanza for shipment to RD

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
If it's a 720p, wait six months and they'll be giving them away when you open a checking account. Most laptops and notepads have better resolution than that.
720p is fine if you are watching tv/cable or youtube videos. If you wany to connect that to computer to use as monitor or hook up blueray player you will want to buy higher resolution.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Its definitely possible if you have one of those large rolling suitcases. I see Europeans coming to NY and do that very thing.
Also I had to do something similar to get my projector and the screen in. If you want a big screen I recommend going the projector route. The projector fits in your carry on and the screen canvas can be folded and put in your suitcase. I now have a 100" tv and loving watching sports on it.

I came down with LED projector also. Still trying to decide to make a screen or just keep showing it on my white wall which gives a great picture.

The downside to a projector is that you need a dark room for a great pic.

O

osiris7

I came down with LED projector also. Still trying to decide to make a screen or just keep showing it on my white wall which gives a great picture.

The downside to a projector is that you need a dark room for a great pic.

Get one with 3LCD's. Mine work fine in a lit room. The only time when its not viewable is in direct sunlight, but the same goes for a regular tv.

Feb 15, 2005
If you ship it you will probably pay about $150 to $200 in duty and shipping. About 6 years ago I did bring a 32" TV in a suitcase but technology at the airport has changed and it is probably a lot tougher to bring it in.

LTSteve

Today Montero quoted me $250 to ship a 32". I think for the difference and a bedroom TV, it's best to go under $200 (24"/28") and bring it yourself.

Jan 17, 2009
$250 just for shipping or taxes included? We got a 29" shipped via EncargoPaq just last week. Because it was under $200, we paid no taxes, just $3.5 or so a pound including taxes via air (total 3,400 pesos). Had we chosen shipment by sea it would have taken ten days but it would have been cheaper.

A friend just got a refurbished 32" on eBay for $199 including S&H had it delivered via EPS and paid 4,200 pesos.

Today Montero quoted me $250 to ship a 32". I think for the difference and a bedroom TV, it's best to go under $200 (24"/28") and bring it yourself.

May 29, 2006
I'd ask what they would charge to ship two. I hear you can often make your money back by shipping two and selling one.

Feb 15, 2005
Update: Successfully carried in a 28" plasma in my luggage and no problems. I have a study double-sided hard case medium size luggage on rollers. It was very easy.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
When I picked up my Vizio 60" Smart LED at Walmart on BlackFriday (long day & long wait), they had tons of 32" LCDs for under $200. People had like two and three LCDs in their cart! It was kind of sad seeing that because I wanted to sell my old Samsung 32" that I bought many moons ago for $1,300! Jeeeesh!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I enter the airport here in SD a few times every year.
I bring in Everything!
I arrive around 4am from Boston.
They just wave EVERYONE right through, checking "Nada"!
Been that way for many years.
I have heard that Santiago is much more difficult.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Feb 15, 2005
Richcard, how did you manage with customs? Which airport?

I arrived in STI (Santiago), went through the scanners and nothing, right out. Like I said I have a medium double sided hardcase suitcase and packed one side with my clothes and the other with the packaging and TV right out the box. Fit like a glove and kept my $188 receipt from Best Buy just in case.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I bought a 32" TV online in March for $192.50 US with free shipping to Miami.

Tax and shipping from Miami cost me another $132.00 US.

Aduanas taxes 32" TV's according to their own database valuation not by what you paid for it.