Best Florida Mail Forwarding Services?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
do they handle also regular mail? sending and receiving?

EncargoPaq will also deliver regular mail. Don't know the pricing on that yet. Better to talk to them. I have no idea if they send anything from the DR to the US.

Sita Laura

Aug 6, 2012
How do you go about setting up with a mail forwarding service (moving from Florida to D.R. in October) I'll be in Sosua. Any advice would be very helpful.

LeeStetson

Jan 11, 2012
How do you go about setting up with a mail forwarding service (moving from Florida to D.R. in October) I'll be in Sosua. Any advice would be very helpful.

Here is a live YOUTUBE video about the EPS office/service in Sosua but please first read all of the posts on this thread because some people seem to reveal a better service than EPS. Thanks everyone for your replies to my post that started this discussion.

Each service you inquire into will tell you how to set it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kecFQrVIVXs

Last edited:

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I just paid 278 pesos for a 0.30 lb package at EPS I think thats is exspensive they say 5 bucks for 1 lb where does the other 2.10 come from? by the way the item cost 8 bucks LOL

Bavaro golfer

Aug 9, 2012
Punta Cana - Bavaro - any alternatives to MailBoxesEtc?

I'm new in DR, retired from USA and now living in Bavaro near the beach and golf courses. The nearest I could find was MailBoxesEtc (MBE) in Palma Real Shopping Center (in Bavaro) and also near Punta Cana (PUJ) airport -- I think one owner owns both stores. I registered for free. I got a Miami address (the mail goes to Ebox Logistics Inc in Miami < Sistema Operativo de E-BOX >). No English speakers in the Bavaro MBE office; one guy in the MBE office near PUJ speaks a little (solo mui poco) English.

When I registered, they told me their fee is RD$ 45 (US $1.15) for DOCUMENTS less than 1 pound + RD$ 200 per additional pound. And RD$ 200 (US $5.12) per pound for packages. I later calculated (after 40 shipments) that their exact fees are:

Casillero (locker) ebox personal 0-5 kg (up to 11 lb) = RD$ 0.2827 per gram
Impuestos (tax) dga / airport fee = RD$ 0.0137 per gram
Casillero combustible / seguro (insurance) = RD$ 0.1241 per gram
Gestion (Mgmt fee) = RD$ 30 per soft envelope, or RD$ 50 per cardboard box

I mailed 40 packages so far. The heaviest box I shipped was 8 pounds -- it cost me US$ 43.85 to receive it. My AVERAGE <st1:stockticker>COST</st1:stockticker> <st1:stockticker>PER</st1:stockticker> POUND for all 40 packages so far is US $7.69 per pound. But read why:

I posted everything onto an Excel spreadsheet (OK, so I'm retired, and I can waste all the time I want). About half of the 40 packages were very lightweight (under 150 grams) like <st1:stockticker>DVD</st1:stockticker> movies in bubble envelopes. The calculation of the "AVERAGE <st1:stockticker>COST</st1:stockticker> <st1:stockticker>PER</st1:stockticker> POUND" cost of all 40 packages was skewed upward to US $7.69 by the 4th fee (the Gestion -- Mgmt fee) applied to those lightweight (under 150 grams) packages. MBE charged me an average ACTUAL cost of US$ 1.82 <st1:stockticker>PER</st1:stockticker> PACKAGE for each of those lightweight packages.

But when I REMOVE those (under 150 grams) packages from my calculation, the AVERAGE cost is US $5.59 <st1:stockticker>PER</st1:stockticker> POUND.

MBE lost one package worth US $55.00 a month ago (although it was USPS Delivery Confirmation - confirmed delivery to their MBE address in Miami more than one month ago), and I cannot get a response from them about it (I asked several times, in writing, each time in both Spanish & English).

As a result, I am looking for other (better, more reliable than MBE) mail forwarding alternatives here in Bavaro. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ANY? PLEASE?

Just an "Oh, by the way" -- As a newbie here in DR, my observation of the local culture here (in multiple, varied instances of observing) is that if the answer is not what they think I'd want to hear, they just plain ignore the question and they don?t answer at all. Not only at MBE, but pretty much in almost all stores and businesses here. But that does not change the fact that I love living here.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I use EPS in Plaza Riviera. Never had a problem with them. I don't receive a lot of packages, so I really don't pay attention to the rate. You can check it out though.

No one speaks English there.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Bavaro Golfer, you also have CPS in Amstar Business Center. Not sure if it's closer for you though. And the other option is P.O. Box International which in my case send everything from Santo Domingo via Metro Pac which can be picked up at the Village, Coco Loco or Bavaro.

Bavaro golfer

Aug 9, 2012
Bavaro Golfer, you also have CPS in Amstar Business Center. Not sure if it's closer for you though. And the other option is P.O. Box International which in my case send everything from Santo Domingo via Metro Pac which can be picked up at the Village, Coco Loco or Bavaro.

I use EPS in Plaza Riviera. Never had a problem with them. I don't receive a lot of packages, so I really don't pay attention to the rate. You can check it out though.

No one speaks English there.

Thank you, <st1:stockticker>SKY</st1:stockticker>. And since I'm a newbie, some of the shopping plaza names are still unfamiliar to me. I think Plaza Riviera is in Friusa. I got this address from an EPS customer service rep today (by email):

Express Parcel Service Int'l. (EPS)
Plaza Riviera de Bavaro, Local #3A
Bavaro, Rep. Dom.
telefono (809) 552-0726

Thank you, KateP. I remember seeing Amstar Business Center on the right side of the road from San Juan Shopping Center to Veron (about halfway to Veron). For Metro Pac, I think "the Village" means the shopping center near Punta Cana airport. I know that Coco Loco is across the street from San Juan Shopping Center, and I am still trying to figure out where the Metro Pac office is in Bavaro.

I'll check all four places. Thank you again!

Is there a time & place where the gringos living in the DR East Coast meet occasionally?