Best Lobster ?? North Coast.

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Hi there.
Can anyone give any advice or opinions on where we could dine out for really good lobster/ or surf and turf??
Is the lobster good in D.R. We will be in the Cabarete/Sosua area mostly.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Just 8 more sleeps!!!!!!:classic:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
On Sosua Beach, Leo?s Banana restaurant has excellent Lobster and fresh whole fish. You will pay less here for the same or better Lobster than a lot of other places in Sosua.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is near the Charamicos side. You can?t miss it, as it is fairly large. You can eat inside or outside.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sadly,There Is NO "BEST Lobster" In The DR!

Especially if you come from "New England,or the "Maritimes"! So get your fill of lobster,shrimp,fish,and "shellfish" BEFORE you go to the DR.Same pretty much goes for "Prime Beef"!
I had "Surf & Turf" three times here in Boston over the Christmas Vacation.Both Grilled in "Tons" of Garlic and butter!!Cooked just the way I love them,Med/rare,by "ME"!
Back to the DR on Wednesday,where other things are good to eat!!!:lick:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Criss - Curious???? what is with the lobster situation in D.R.??
In St.Maarten the lobster was fabulous, best surf and turf I have ever eaten!!
I guess, being as I am not a world traveller, that I assumed anywhere in the Caribbean would serve up fairly good lobster.
Is it really true that the lobster is not good in D.R, and if so, would really like to know what the problem is. Must say I am disappointed, as was looking forward to a good feed.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The Caribbean spiny lobster, Panulirus argus lacks the large pinching, meaty claws it's distant cousin from up North, Homarus americanus has.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Leo Banannas is the best

SKY said:
It is near the Charamicos side. You can?t miss it, as it is fairly large. You can eat inside or outside.

The owner's name is Leo and he is known as Leo Banannas. He is one of the friendliest people on the beach. Stop in and see him!

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
re: best lobster on the north coast

Ocean Taste in Cabarete has great Lobster!