Best place to dance (only dance!) in Perto Plata

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Thanks Margaret.

Rules - you know the no more then 2 songs in a row rule.

Dont dance with the same guy all the time, he will think he owns you.

Do NOT invite them to your table.

Do NOT allow them to buy you a drink unless you know them or want to know them better.

Do NOT allow them to invade your personal space. If they are too close push them back

Do NOT fall for the line - this is how we dance here. Not true if you don't want it to be.

Treat everyone with courtesy and respect but if they get out of line - be firm.

It is safe to go to the clubs in a taxi from your hotel and yes you can arrange for them to pick you up after.

I go out dancing a lot here, it is my regular form of excercise and stress relief. However, I go with my friends and leave with my friends! And those who go with me, leave with me as well. You are who you associate with, if your friends misbehave it reflects on you.

abetv6969

Feb 17, 2008
you can dance if you want to
but if your freind dont dance then you dont dance
then leave your friend behind
you can dance

dancin_fool

Mar 9, 2008
seriously?

seriously though, if my friend and I go together and she doesn't like to dance but I do, is that going to be a problem?

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
seriously though, if my friend and I go together and she doesn't like to dance but I do, is that going to be a problem?

Not for you, but she might feel strange just sitting all night watching you have fun. Make sure that you go out with a few other people and then she will have others to sit with and talk to. Ask others at your hotel if they would like a night out dancing and share a taxi.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
dancin fool - it should not be a problem. Just make sure you spend some time at the table with her so she doesn't feel uncomfortable.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

Does your friend speak Spanish? Because she might be asked to dance and she'll rejecting men left, right and centre and that might have an impact on your night as well, depending on how she does it. It's happened to me where one friend keeps staying "no" without an explanation or turns and stays "dance with my friend." :ermm: It's insulting to everyone.

If there's group of 3 women and a guy asks and one of the women declines, it can be hard on the ego to take rejection in front of one or two other women. Other men, take note of that and decide to stay away altogether.

Maybe she needs to learn how to dance? I don't take non-dancers to dance clubs unless they're really sociable and love the music. You need a group of people as Charlielyn suggested.

And you need to have that discussion with your friend before you go. And if you're going with a boyfriend or girlfriend, it's an entirely different situation. ;) But that's nice that you're thinking of your friend's position before you go out.

dancin_fool

Mar 9, 2008
Oh yeah, I don't want to drag her to the disco and then abandon her on the sidelines - I figure I'll start by dragging her to the 5pm meregue lesson by the pool and work on her from there ;-)