Best route to La Romana??

DrBound1

Feb 10, 2009
Can anyone lend advice on the best route to get to La Romana from Santiago. Or should I say once in Santo Domingo, the best option from there. I'm trying to make it to the Gran Bahia Prinicipe which is at the entrance of La Romana. Method of transportation is the bus.

A second question is, is anyone aware of another hotel more economical in that area. I need to house some people and I'm not trying to pay tourist prices for them.

Thanking you all in advance to any helpful information you can provide.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Hi DRbound, If Im not wrong the Bahia Prince hotel is closer to San Pedro than La Romana. so I will sugest you this. if you will be in Santiago, better way is to take the bus Caribe Tours to Santo Domingo, them a Taxi to San Pedro de Macoris bus station that is not too far from Caribe Tours, them here in San Pedro take a taxy to Bahia Prince Hotel, that is close to Playa Nueva Romana. From the high way to the hotel its a liter far.

I will ck how much is the price for the taxi, will ask a taxi owner friend of mine that work in a taxi company here in San Pedro.

And about the hotel, can you tell us how much you think you want to pay for a cheap hotel in the city.

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Where do yuou want to stay? Thing is Gran Bahia is a long way from La Romana. In la Romana there are flock ot tiny places to stay but you need to scope them out yourself. To my way of thinking the big problem is water...you need a place with reliable water...
Good luck..

HB

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
From San Pedro the minimun price will be 500.00 pesos, they are in the parking of Mac Donalds in San Pedro, and in the oposit conner also, the base of the taxi company is few meters after Estacion Shell La Macorisana, the numer is 809-529-5555 I have used their services with the Unit 8.

jessicalee_nv

Jul 1, 2004
Taxi to San Pedro de Macoris bus station that is not too far from Caribe Tours

There is a SPM bus station?!?! Is this new? Its been a couple of years since I've been to Sto Dgo and SPM but I've never heard there was a bus station. :ermm: Can you tell me where this bus station is? I'm trying to plan a trip for this Nov/Dec and will be staying JD or SPM.

Thanks!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There are lots of bus stations in SPM, depending or where to want to go to!!!

jessicalee_nv

Jul 1, 2004
riravaga mentioned something about a bus stop to SPM in Sto Dgo near Caribe Tours. I am unfamiliar with that.

Can you tell me if there are buses from Las Americas to SPM or JD?