Best Steak

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I recently went to a restaurant on malecon,in SD,called Malecon doce.Before Luperon going west.It was an excellent piece of meat,churassco,large,grilled and very tender.With mashed potatos and a drink was about 600 pesos.
bob

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
If you are in Santo Domingo and want some very good seafood, try Sully,s , across the street from Price Mart, in los prados. Good service too

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
steaks are like beer. everyone thinks that the one they like is the best. since making them is not rocket science, most guys with a half decent grill can make one just as good as any steakhouse. i have had Davy Crockett, the Argentine Steakhouse, Papillon, you name it. all excellent, i must say. hard to say which is best. i have had one done by my buddy in a backyard barbecue, that blows them all out of the water. to me , that is. just like beer, remember?

Yea but just like beer, you need good ingredients to start out with. If you have funny tasting water you will have funny tasting beer. My thing is with steakhouses here I either have a way with how the cut the beef, what they charge for it, or how long they cook it. Relating it to beer it is either watering it down, putting a premium on it because it is imported or serving it flat.

Reuhaa

Jan 15, 2008
good steaks

the best place for steaks,pork cops and hamburgers i find is los locos en frente,i have been eating there for 4 years,and love his cooking it's located at the entance of caylahon next to bliss restaurant in Cabarete.

Miko

May 23, 2003
where is this place located and name Slas?

I agree that Bliss is excellent but nobody mentioned a little out of the way restaurant that serves just as awesome a steak and lobster. I've seen the owner of Bliss there several times eating. Good luck eating it all, the plates are huge!

Los Gringos

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
where is this place located and name Slas?
\

Click on the 'Los Gringos' and it will describe. It is a great restaurant and Patrick does an excellent steak. It's off the beaten track. You'll find it at Playa Magante between Gaspar Hernandez and Rio San Juan.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
\

Click on the 'Los Gringos' and it will describe. It is a great restaurant and Patrick does an excellent steak. It's off the beaten track. You'll find it at Playa Magante between Gaspar Hernandez and Rio San Juan.

That is an understatement....... the sign is pretty visible going west, but I'm not sure about coming from the east (Sosua/Cabarete).

I haven't eaten there.... the hours are funny.... check before you try to go.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

[/B]

That is an understatement....... the sign is pretty visible going west, but I'm not sure about coming from the east (Sosua/Cabarete).

I haven't eaten there.... the hours are funny.... check before you try to go.
Los Gringos is a rare find.

I've had the best BLT in my life there...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yup.... I've been in there but it was closed.... really pretty - Huh?
The beach and all.

Glad to hear the food is good.

Didn't that fellow go to jail.... was it him??
It was one of those places along that stretch.... RSJ to GH

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
\

Belgian chef...can't go wrong with that one, certainly not with Patrick :)
Coming from Sosua, pass Gaspar Hernandez, you come at a point where you see the sea for the first time very close in a curve, about 5 km past this you see a large concrete sign (fade yellow color) saying Playa Esmeralda/Playa Magante, turn left in and follow the signs of Playa Magante/Los Gringos (about 500 M).

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Yup.... I've been in there but it was closed.... really pretty - Huh?
The beach and all.

Glad to hear the food is good.

Didn't that fellow go to jail.... was it him??
It was one of those places along that stretch.... RSJ to GH
Jail?

Not that I know of, was there just a couple of weeks ago. In fact they are about to launch a major expansion project.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It was a 2 years ago....... I wanted to go there but the owner had been "detained" in FLA on some money thing.... place was closed for the time being..

Might not have Los Gringos.... but it was in th area..... CoCo's maybe???

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Not eaten there yet WW?? That's a shame...

To give an idea of the prices...

Steak around 650, surf and turf around 750, all other menu's start at 300 and the portions are royal.
Lovely restaurant, very clean, nice and clean beach and good food and drinks.

And like everything in the DR...its for sale LOL

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'll try it..... its close to me in Cabrera (el Breton, actually)

Arriving in 2 weeks......

Thanks for the tip..

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
No such thing as. Good steak here. The grassy weed whatever is out there to graze on diet is the obvious effect

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Your buddy has a talent because not everyone can do. Drunk on beer or not!
And to be consistently good is awesome because steak can be unforgiving!