Beyond showing test results. Show certificate of immunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
Israel has been lauded for deploying what is currently the fastest Covid-19 vaccination campaign in the world.
Less than a month after receiving its first shipments of the Pfizer-BioNTech jab, the country of 9 million has vaccinated around 20% of its population, and more than 72% of people over the age of 60 have already gotten their first dose of the shot. Israel’s health ministry aims to have 5.2 million of its citizens vaccinated by March.
The vaccinations, officials say, will help the country gradually exit its strict lockdown, and soon with the help of a new document: a Covid-19 vaccination certification, or what’s being called the “green booklet.”
Essentially an immunity passport announced by the Ministry of Health earlier this week, the “green booklet” would be given to people who’ve received two doses of the vaccine.
“The Ministry of Health will issue the vaccine certificate after receiving the second dose,” Israel’s Health Ministry said on its website. “It will take effect 7 days later, not counting the day of vaccine administration.”
The booklet would offer vaccinated individuals significant freedom from Covid-19 safety restrictions. People holding it would no longer have to do the following:
  • Go into isolation after coming in contact with an infected person.
  • Go into isolation after international traveling to a Covid “red zone,” or countries with very high infection rates.
  • Have to be tested before entering certain touristy areas, known as “green islands.”
They would still, however, be required to wear a mask in public and maintain social distancing, staying two meters from others and avoiding social gatherings.
Vaccinated people holding the booklet would be “eligible for relaxed restrictions in destinations around the world,” the ministry’s website said.
Data on proof of vaccination would be registered in the Ministry of Health’s database, and recovered patients who have not been vaccinated are not eligible for the booklet, according to the website.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are there such things as cruises any longer?
I imagine there are some. I have never considered taking one myself.

Point is, get ready to be tested and tested again if you travel for a long time to come. (Those who don't want vaccinations will still need to be tested just like everyone else). Looks like Israel is jumping the gun with their green passport for those who have been vaccinated not every needing to be tested again. Time will tell on that.

The only way this plague ever ends, ending being a manner of speaking compared to what is going on today, is via herd immunity.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yesterday I had Moderna. The tech that it to
Me said rumor has it that this will
Be an annual shot. Ok, better than going to
A dentist. I had no pain, no reaction, no nada. It was a non event.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I imagine there are some. I have never considered taking one myself.

Point is, get ready to be tested and tested again if you travel for a long time to come. (Those who don't want vaccinations will still need to be tested just like everyone else). Looks like Israel is jumping the gun with their green passport for those who have been vaccinated not every needing to be tested again. Time will tell on that.

The only way this plague ever ends, ending being a manner of speaking compared to what is going on today, is via herd immunity.
Testing no matter how many times is a a lot better than standing in one place with my finger inserted

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
We're you more concerned about catching it or spreading it?
Thats an interesting question. At first catching it. Later when the family near by started to say “ hey you travel a lot”’they were saying it because they felt I was toxic.I have a new granddaughter coming in May. The mother doesn’t even get anywhere near me. A couple a weeks ago I used the word “leper”
here in one of my posts. I believe sometime this year people will look upon those without the Shot as toxic/lepers. I don’t want to add that to my life. Lol.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Thats an interesting question. At first catching it. Later when the family near by started to say “ hey you travel a lot”’they were saying it because they felt I was toxic.I have a new granddaughter coming in May. The mother doesn’t even get anywhere near me. A couple a weeks ago I used the word “leper”
here in one of my posts. I believe sometime this year people will look upon those without the Shot as toxic/lepers. I don’t want to add that to my life. Lol.
I am aware of the fact that until such time we have herd immunity I am can still
Transmit. Yes I’m protected but the herd needs to be rounded up.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think we are coming down to the point of each of us need to
make our own personal
Decision. We have hundreds of pages here with a lot of noise. So
Be it we are all in this together. Maybe the conspiracy crowd is right. Maybe wrong. IDK. It’s part of the decision making process. But it’s time to pony up to the bar and decide. Bashing out the conspiracy crowd serves no purpose in the equation.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I am aware of the fact that until such time we have herd immunity I am can still
Transmit. Yes I’m protected but the herd needs to be rounded up.
Immune or asymtomatic? With the vacine, now both.
Thing is I'm rather tired of hearing "herd immuninty" tossed around. Want it? Sure, stop vaccinating and watch them all die.
I could go on about that but the moderator wouldn't approve. Don't blame him either, sad affair.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Immune or asymtomatic? With the vacine, now both.
Thing is I'm rather tired of hearing "herd immuninty" tossed around. Want it? Sure, stop vaccinating and watch them all die.
I could go on about that but the moderator wouldn't approve. Don't blame him either, sad affair.
If there is no herd immunity. it means the vaccines didn't work. Why would you become tired of of a term that is needed for the world to move on?

The objective of vaccinating everyone is to reach herd immunity. The government will not relax restrictions unless and until there
is herd immunity.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Because of the problems showing up with reaching herd immunity, specific vaccines might not protect against certain strains of CV19, I expect testing to be the requirement for travel for a long time.

Reactions: johne

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I fine with taking the cuna-19 after others have run the gauntlet of human testing for me. But I will still be subject to often arbitrary rules being thrown up and changed everyday.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Because of the problems showing up with reaching herd immunity, specific vaccines might not protect against certain strains of CV19, I expect testing to be the requirement for travel for a long time.
The cruise industry dropped the curtain yesterday. I saw the headline but didn't have time to read it. Cruises require all ppl to be vaccinated.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I now have 3 different real PCR negative tests done to me from 3 different countries. Nice PDF templates they will make...
If you have one from here maybe we can do business. I have zero problem using a fake negative PCR test to get into Canada. I have had covid so by today's science I am pretty much immune.
If everybody on the plane has tested negative why do you still have to wear a mask?

Reactions: rogerjac

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you have one from here maybe we can do business. I have zero problem using a fake negative PCR test to get into Canada. I have had covid so by today's science I am pretty much immune.
If everybody on the plane has tested negative why do you still have to wear a mask?
(And I thought all Canadians were nice, law abiding, etc..._)

Nobody knows how long immunity lasts from having CV19 or being vaccinated. Herd immunity is still an elusive ideal for CV19.

Testing isn't perfect.

Those are the reasons masks are going to be around for a long time. Along with all those fake test results, of course.

Reactions: melphis

Big

Apr 24, 2019
What ever happened to the silliness of checking everyone's temperature everywhere? That seemed to fall by the wayside.

Reactions: slowmo
Status
Not open for further replies.