Bi in Boca

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
miguel..i DO understand what you are saying.

My last travel buddy was a total friggen nightmare. I told him many times and way ahead of time. That there isnt much nightlife or gay life in boca chica..and the few clubs in santo domingo are pretty cheesy..but there are other places to go to and visit and other things to do etc. He said..no problem. He said...I just want to go swimming, get a manicure and pedicure etc. but as soon as we got there...all he wanted to do is gay gay gay etc. WE eventualy went our separate ways. He left candil and stayed at the wellington in the capital and hit the clubs etc.

When i met him at the airport...all he did was complain. "the men are too aggressive and they all want your money etc.".

I just laughed at him...cuz i had a GREAT vacation with friends that either i have met over the years there or from here on DR1..and met some great people both from here in nyc and a hillarious married couple from london on their honeymoon.

Do i get some "action" while in the DR....most certainly!!! with sankies...not any more. But i also go to beisball games in S.P.D.M...spent a couple of days in bayahibe (sp?) and hired a fisherman to take us out to some quiet spots on saona that arent overrun with tourists. Drove up with another buddy to carnival en vega, day trips to la romana, playa caribe, juan dolio, guyacannes. The the capital to the aquarium (yawn), botanical gardens, malecon parade, el conde, parque indepencia, fort ozama, been to merengue festivals, got turned onto bachata. I have even read up on dominican history etc.

Sure there are many more places i want to go to and see for myself on my visits. Would love to climb pico duarte and see the "alps of the carib" for myself. check out samana and other places in the north. etc.

MY point...is that on my very first trip there...i went with a very ignorant gringo attitude...heard that that men were hot and it was an affordable vacation spot...but then I had my eyes, ears and soul opened...ok..and my wallet a couple of times lol.

Perhaps the OP will be reading this thread...and discover some other things down there besides chase after the bugerones.

the only thing i didnt like about something you posted earlier that bugged me...is when it was posted that your friend would beat the s*** out of him etc. I can just imagine what would happen to a guy if he tried to hit on maria at el candil! lol! i doubt he would be well recieved at all!

Cheers my friend...i have a feeling we would have a very good time arguing and debating stuff over some presidentes :)

Last edited:
G

gary short

WWWWOOOOOAA......................how about those Oilers???????

G

gary short

jrzyguy said:
lol gary...did you see that touch down that robinson cano hit???
Indeed.......... I love the guy.............figuratively speaking that is;) ;) ;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Relax!

jrzyguy said:
the only thing i didnt like about something you posted earlier that bugged me...is when it was posted that your friend would beat the s*** out of him etc. I can just imagine what would happen to a guy if he tried to hit on maria at el candil! lol! i doubt he would be well recieved at all!

Cheers my friend...i have a feeling we would have a very good time arguing and debating stuff over some presidentes :)
Man, do you really think that he was going to take me up on that offer?. Of course not and I knew it.

There's a hidden message on that statement and someday, someone will get it. But let me give you a hint:

one never knows what MAY come out of trying to pick-up a Dominican male when you think that many Dominican males are bisexual. Give it some thought. Or better yet:

"Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know that you gonna get"-Forrest Gump.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Old DR1ers never die, they just ....

miguel said:
shad, a "blast from the past".
Hi Miguel, not much time to post recently, but I do browse from time to time. I was in the DR for 1 month in December '05 and I've been quite busy since returning.

Currently planning another trip, but a bit longer this time ... hopefully I may see you there this time. :)

Hombre

Jun 6, 2006
first trip

jrzyguy said:
Do i get some "action" while in the DR....most certainly!!! with sankies...not any more....

MY point...is that on my very first trip there...i went with a very ignorant gringo attitude...heard that that men were hot and it was an affordable vacation spot...but then I had my eyes, ears and soul opened...ok..and my wallet a couple of times lol.

I'm looking forward to having some fun.